basic port volume question

Participant count
  • Participant list

loudlittlefvkus
10+ year member

Michigan
Hi, i was just wondering how changing the port size and shape effects the tuning frequency. i designed my box in Winisd, and have a slot port 16x4x27. if i wanted to make that into 2 ports, i would just need to make sure the volume is the same right? it wouldnt matter about changing the shape? i know the whole 12-16 square inches per cubic foot rule, and all that.

My main goal is building an octo port, i can do all the math and find the equations and stuff. just want to make sure an L port and octo port of the same volume will be tuned the same in a box with a constant volume

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

Without the wiring diagram I cannot be certain of the color associated with the head unit remote on or even if there is one on the HU. I assume...
I can't speak to carplay but I'm using a Joying unit for android auto. It's a single din slot with a screen that attaches. The single din units...
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01EXOTD56/?tag=caraudiocom-20 Cant go wrong with these for the price and drop ins on HU power alone. They do much...
Yeah, saw that too, was like ??? wtf! They do know there stuff, I usually just roll with it!
You could try to make the port longer, but there might be other reasons with the box won't extend lower, or even the sub. You'd have to reverse...

About this thread

loudlittlefvkus

10+ year member
loudlittlefvkus
Michigan
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from