Bass Booster aka epicenter ??

Participant count
  • Participant list

gstokes

FÜKENGRUVEN
What exactly is it, Is it basically a line driver ?

When would you use it, do all songs benefit from it ?

Is it just for music with weak bass tracks ?

All i listen to is Reggae, that's it..

I have satellite radio and don't use FM or even play CD's, strictly XM/Sirius..

Looking at the Soundstream BX-10X but don't know enough about it to justify the expense..

you are better off getting better subwoofers in a properly built ported box.
Those epicenters claim to be bass reconstruction but used improperly can easily blow subs.
Thank-you for the kind reply, I will take your advice and go with a proper enclosure..

It does seem kinda gimmicky but i value your opinion..

^^^^ if you are feeling to need to add any sort of bass boosting to your setup then your system doesn't have enough balls..time to step it up
It's got plenty of balls, trust me..

I just wondered if my system would benefit from it..

The one thing i don't have is a proper enclosure so i will take Jeff's advice and go that route, now i just need to find someone local to build it for me..

I have the epic160 or epic in dash it is now called, I do like it and want to get another because I think something is loose in mine, it does work well, but you need to know how and when to use it, for daily driving and normal listening I use to leave it off (used to be installed until it started to give me issuses, I bought it used, I think it was my doing, I also found a bad set of rca's on it which also caused a lot of noise) but when I wanted to play with it I just hit the button, some people love em and some could care less, but it is something you, like me, will leave off most of the time.

each song has different bass recording levels, rock you generally have bass in the -16 to -10 db range, bass enhanced music like decaf has bass in the -6 to 0 db range. The epicenter claims to "restore and process" bass, but its just a bass boost knob essentially. You are trying to add on bass information that was never meant to be there therefore distorting the signal. Sure you can do it if you know your loudness limits and dont go crazy but for longevity sake, its better without it on. They generally do introduce more noise to the system too.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.