Bass hits lower now?

Participant count
  • Participant list

AwesomeStranger
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Hey guys,

I have a sa-8 v2 at 2 ohms on a Hifonics brutus 1200d amp. (900w) and it's been doing fine for over a month now. But, the last two days the bass it's hitting hard as it normally is. What could cause this? My amp does get preddy warm after a while. Also I do have the bass boost enabled on the amp, which has been fine for weeks... Also I do get a bit of voltage drop (dimming of lights with bass notes on highway at night) but I'm still unsure of what has caused the recent drop in bass "loudness" Maybe a speaker wire has fell out of the sub terminal? I'm not sure

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Maybe your ears have become accustomed to the volume? Also it's not hitting "lower" as that would suggest it's hitting a lower frequency range. It's hitting softer or quieter or not as hard. Also, you should have bass-boost turned all the way down. If it's not loud enough without the bass boost, you need a new enclosure and amp. Bass-boost just clips your amp and ensures a shorter life for your woofers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.