Battery and Alternator questions

XEnophontos
10+ year member

Hey guys I am looking into getting a new battery for under my hood, I am looking for it to run about 2k watts does anyone know any good batteries and brands for this?

Would I need a special type of battery or is one type better than another for under the hood?

Also I am looking to do the big 3 and have some 0guage wiring with me now, I followed my alternator lead and it goes into the fuse box, to do the big 3 do I have to do some fancy wiring into the fuse box or can I just run it straight to the positive terminal on my battery?

Thanks guys!

I followed my alternator lead and it goes into the fuse box, to do the big 3 do I have to do some fancy wiring into the fuse box or can I just run it straight to the positive terminal on my battery?
Just leave all the stock wiring in place (positive and negative) and add your new wires.

Also unless your stock battery is dying, why bother replacing it? If you only plan on playing your stereo when the car is running, your battery doesn't do jack.

Just leave all the stock wiring in place (positive and negative) and add your new wires.
Also unless your stock battery is dying, why bother replacing it? If you only plan on playing your stereo when the car is running, your battery doesn't do jack.
100% disagree with this statement

it is disagreeable, but not 100%. it is not necassary to replace the batt under the hood. instead of buying a new batt, replace the stock alt.
Yeah I shouldn't have said that lol. Anyway both battery and alternator are important, there are better batteries then others, Alternator I would say should always be first priority.

100% disagree with this statement
If your alt is able to sufficently power everything you have running (along with recharging your battery) then all your battery does is start the car.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.