battery option

kyleorsini
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
currently i have the stock batt up front and a 34/75 red top in the trunk at full tilt with my current set up iirc i dont think i drop below 11.5 not that bad, and i was able to get another 34/75 red top so my question is what would benifit me the most with what i have, putting the second red up front, or putting it in the back with the other one and adding another run of 1/0 to it. keep in mind that in the next couple weeks i will be getting my second sub from being reconed so i would be running my amp at .5ohms, as opposed to being run at 1 ohm now.

well if i put it in the back id have 3 as opposed to 2 batteries thus why im asking what would be better for the amp.
3 batts would be slightly better for power obviously. But mixing 2 redtops with a stock batt will probably lower the lifespan of all the batts.

Different batts usually have a slightly different resting voltage. This causes the higher voltage batt to charge the lower voltage batt. This constant charge causes the plates to sulfate prematurely and could kill both batts within a year or more.

So I would definitely go with just the 2 redtops.

You could get an isolator to seperate the batts, but then that will give you a small voltage drop so you'll lose a few watts from that.

i asked for what i have, not what i should get thanks anyway tho:crap:
The fiberglass freak up the street from me has a kicker 2500.1. He started out with 2 red tops from wal mart. Burned them both up twice, traded up too yellow tops and they burned up and now he runs dual yellow top g31's and he is swapping those out for 2400's. The yellow top g31's still work and have outlasted all 4 red tops.. I just don't think a redtop would be a wise choice on that much power.

The fiberglass freak up the street from me has a kicker 2500.1. He started out with 2 red tops from wal mart. Burned them both up twice, traded up too yellow tops and they burned up and now he runs dual yellow top g31's and he is swapping those out for 2400's. The yellow top g31's still work and have outlasted all 4 red tops.. I just don't think a redtop would be a wise choice on that much power.
Ya, when you constantly cycle a non-deepcycle batt its bound to cause them to sulfate quicker. But they should still work for him even though I would guess he will get 2 years or less from them instead of 4+.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

kyleorsini

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
kyleorsini
winnipeg,mb
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date