Battery or bigger cap??

A battery isolator runs less voltage to the rear battery than the front, so a relay should be used. It bassically does the same thing, without voltage loss. I have been using the Pac-200 for awhile and noe they have the Pac 500 for ultra high current applications. Can you use it without a relay, yes but why take the chance of you truck not starting if you have a cell go bad or you forget to start the truck while showing off for your buddies. Those things never happen.

I recommend the best solution to every one of my customers. Its the right thing to do, and it should be done every time. It is unnecessary if you dont understand what you are talking about. All of those options are not needed every time, but it you want to add a 1200watt amp to most cars you have to start with the alternator first. It takes power to make power. With the alternator you do the Big 3 upgrade, and you upgrade the factory battery at the same time. With that setup you should be able to run alot of current for the average consumer without a problem. Adding a battery doesn't give you more power. If you thing a battery or a cap gives you more power you are a MORON and should hang up your crimpers after reading this. If you do add a second(or more) battery to your electrical system you should use a relay under the hood, which is hardly ever done for some insane reason. I guess it makes too much sense to do it right the first time, or maybe to many people can type faster than they can think. I fix installs all the time that were done without all those unnessasary electrical upgrades. Maybe next i can fix one of your installs. If you take that personal, maybe you should.
I think most cars can run a 1200watt amp without a H/O alternator lol.

I really hope this is a troll attempt.

If you have a older car with less electronics you may be able to get away with more, but with the newer cars that are so sensitive to voltage spikes and drops why would you even consider playing with fire. Just upgrade and be done with it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Systemhifi

Systemhifi
Nc
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
ChevyRidinLow