Battery ?

That's about a 100 amp draw for both amps. You didn't say ................
Generally a vehicle made in the last 15-20 years, with the average electrical, will max out a little under 100 amps, (cooling fans, ac, fuel injection, headlights, brake lights, gauges, ecu). 200 amps should be fine for most standard car batteries.

If you have a symptom, or a reason to be concerned, put as much detail as you can. Adding 100 amps to your electrical, and you probably need a better alternator than stock.

That's about a 100 amp draw for both amps. You didn't say ................
Generally a vehicle made in the last 15-20 years, with the average electrical, will max out a little under 100 amps, (cooling fans, ac, fuel injection, headlights, brake lights, gauges, ecu). 200 amps should be fine for most standard car batteries.

If you have a symptom, or a reason to be concerned, put as much detail as you can. Adding 100 amps to your electrical, and you probably need a better alternator than stock.
My lights just dim a little was just looking for the best way to fix this or improve it.

Start by doing the big 3. We've told you what information is missing, because it matters. You also clearly haven't searched or done any research. You probably don't need a battery. You probably do need a better alternator. It might be something else depending on the vehicle.

good luck.

Start by doing the big 3. We've told you what information is missing, because it matters. You also clearly haven't searched or done any research. You probably don't need a battery. You probably do need a better alternator. It might be something else depending on the vehicle.

good luck.
Nevermind I'll just go to an car audio shop around here. Please don't respond to anything I write again.

good luck.
Big 3 is a talking point that most (including you) don't understand. Same goes for alternator.

@loke7017 don't blame the site for your vague question.

Big 3 is a talking point that most (including you) don't understand. Same goes for alternator.
Is it that time of the month again? You're just one of those types, a shitbag if you can find any reason for it. As if you even have any clue what I know.

You're just being one of those types of clowns that wants to create ****, because it's easier to find an excuse. You're just such a petty douchebag, I don't even care what you think at this point.

Is it that time of the month again? You're just one of those types, a shitbag if you can find any reason for it. As if you even have any clue what I know.

You're just being one of those types of clowns that wants to create ****, because it's easier to find an excuse. You're just such a petty douchebag, I don't even care what you think

Last edited:
My lights just dim a little was just looking for the best way to fix this or improve it.

@loke7017 don't blame the site for your vague question.
The big 3 is because the draw from the stereo is taking away vehicle's usage based on dimming lights. This will not fix the problem, it is only a part of the BEST solution.

The OP has not yet said what vehicle they have. They have not said what alternator they have and we don't know their options. They NEED a better alternator. We don't know if they need something else besides the alternator. They COULD just go and buy a 200 amp alternator and they should be covered, (depending on the vehicle). They might be upgrading further, and want something larger, which should be planned for now. They might be able to get a OEM alt in the 140-160 amp range which would get them close enough, where they could use a cap for the rest. We don't know: their options, their plans, or their budget.

Now, lets see if you can come up with a complete thought, and actually make an effort to help. I doubt it, but go ahead and tell me where I'm wrong.
and GO

metalheadjoe

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Battery expert 2023

CarAudio.com Recruit
Battery expert 2023
Antarctica
Start date
Participants
Who Replied