Been out for a while. Looking for recommendations

Participant count
  • Participant list

johndoe1234
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Mesa, AZ
In the near future I will be ready to pull the trigger on a new setup. The last few years I have been limited to shallow mount subs and I am now able to go bigger. I just picked up an 06 Avalanche and will be building a box into the bed and removing the midgate. I have 1500w RMS to work with if I wire down to 1 ohm and can build the biggest box I want. I have been looking at the SQ HDS215s and building a 9 cu ft box. When it comes to tuning I'm lost. I've looked through multiple forums trying to wrap my head around it but just cant seem to.

From what I gathered, aero ports/pvc seem to be the easiest way to port a box. I have plugged the specs into some websites and they give me the specs on the size and length that will work but SQ's website recommends a certain amount of port area per sub. Is that just regarding slot ports or???

I chose these subs because of the price and I've always heard good things about AQ now SoundQubed.

Am I headed in the right direction? I'm not looking to compete by any means but I do want it to get decently loud. I listen to all music types. Any downsides of the aero port vs a slot port? Is this a decent setup for the price?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.