Been out of the game for many years - Torn between three component sets

Participant count
  • Participant list

Tempe
10+ year member

FI Car Audio FTW!!!
For those who have been around the forums for over a decade, I was heavily active on Termpro, SoundDomain, CarAudio.com, CarAudioForum.com, SoundIllusions.net, etc. Anyone here that I might actually know?

373930_10150529296475907_1577121033_n.jpg

I'm driving a 2010 Toyota Yaris Sedan. I have had it for over two years, and sadly the system is still stock! The stock setup is 6.5" dual cones in the doors. I would like to start off with 6.5" midwoofers (preferably with a synthetic or metal cone) and some small-format hard dome tweeters. Doors will be properly deadened, and I will be running these active. I'm looking for a lot of midbass along with a lot of detail in the midrange and treble. These are the sets I am considering; any feedback would be great. Again, I have been out of the game a long time. I still remember a ton of the fundamentals; I'm just not that familiar with the current offerings.

Tempe

I'd say $275 is the most I would spend. Most likely I would not go with anything but one of those above referenced sets. My heart has been set on them for a very long time.

T

I'd pick the DIY setup out of all them. Since you are planning on running active, why bother spending the extra money on the prepackaged component set with passive crossovers that you have no intention on using?

The JBL MS components were once the rage on another forum, so I would place them second.

I'd place Skar dead last even though I personally wouldn't run them...

SoundDomain was one of the first forums I was active on, around probably '99-'01. I doubt you'd remember me.

JBL MS-62C has been discontinued. If you should need replacement parts in the future those will be hard to obtain new. I can't possibly imagine how you got your mind set on Skar components. You might like this set: MO-626a. I have been using almost the same mids for a year, and while I have since changed to different tweeters I really enjoyed the tweeters that come in that set.

There's a YARIS thread over at DIYMA that's about 40 pages long. I've personally sat in it and it is absolutely stunning how nice he has got that car to sound. I'd highly recommend digging around there and giving it a read. He has done extensive testing and experimenting with that vehicle potentially saving you hundreds of hours of work with his hard won experience.

Dear god gtfo! You trunk humping somfa ........

This forum just hit rock bottom with your arrival you paduurty bastage

Just in case you fell off squaw peak they would have something to post in your obits. I have plenty of iggy to fire when the Twinkies get him

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.