Best 10" sub for low power sealed enclosure

http://imagedynamicsusa.com/

^ Probably only has info on the new IDQ, as they were just released. You can also do a search for "IDQ" on this board, you'll be impressed with the reviews. Solid SQ subs, rather efficient for low power apps, and handle small sealed enclosures well. Notorious for outstanding SQ. Ive loved every IDQ Ive ever been around.

IDQ is the model number. Image Dynamics is the manufacturer.

Here's the subs that have been recommended so far. Rank them.

Rockford P1

JL 10W1

RE 10

ED SQ10

IDQ 10

JBL GTO 10

Zuki 10

The DD 10 was also recommended, but I don't think I can use it as it appears to be available only in SVC 4 ohm.

Kind of hard for anyone to rank them, as I'm pretty sure nobody has owned each of the drivers. I'm sure the Jl's, RE's, IDQ's, etc. are decent enough for what you're looking for. I myself have owned two RF P1 12's and I must say for the money they are decent drivers. There isn't going to be a single perfect sub for you, just have to make a decision on price, looks, etc...

you know I'll add them, and I'm sure you'll say NO anyway...
Kicker Comp comes in SVC 4 and 8 ohm

or CVR dual 2 or dual 4
You know as much as saying this makes me cringe, I would certainly consider them. How would you rank them among the others listed?

dconder is selling an IDQ 10" v2 in the classifieds for $80 shipped in the classifieds section.

EDIT: you're SOL it was just sold

Kind of hard for anyone to rank them, as I'm pretty sure nobody has owned each of the drivers. I'm sure the Jl's, RE's, IDQ's, etc. are decent enough for what you're looking for. I myself have owned two RF P1 12's and I must say for the money they are decent drivers. There isn't going to be a single perfect sub for you, just have to make a decision on price, looks, etc...
With the experience that's available in this forum, it isn't unreasonable to assume that many have experienced some, or even most of these subs. At any rate, it sure doesn't hurt to ask.

I would say the jl's if you want something thats a good middle with sq and spl with that little of power. I bought two IDQ's, 10s in a sealed box off 300 RMS and I did not care for them. They did not get as loud as I wanted. They were crisp and the SQ was great, but the volume was lacking.

However, that's my opinion and take it for just that, an opinion.

You know as much as saying this makes me cringe, I would certainly consider them. How would you rank them among the others listed?
for low power, sealed, they actually do very well...many have put well over rated power and they hold up fine..I have some in my home subs, and they have been in there for years. I needed the 8 ohm is why.

i speak as a reference to IDQs considering i have had a 10v2 15v2 and am getting the 10v3 soon those are very very accurate, reliable, and power efficient. I also have a buddy who works in the local audio shop and have listened to 2 10w1s sealed down facing in a truck with a TMA500.1 putting out 340rms total to the pair and i would say my 10v2 would louder and sounded better. My buddy said w3s arent bad, w6s sound better and preform better than the w7s, and that honestly the w1s and w2s arent much of anything. I 100% recommend the IDQ!!!

for low power, sealed, they actually do very well...many have put well over rated power and they hold up fine..I have some in my home subs, and they have been in there for years. I needed the 8 ohm is why.
Can you compare them to any of the other subs recommended here?

Because nobody's recommended them.....until now.
ive heard great things about the, especially for the price they can be had at. check out Soundsolutionsaudio.com email aaron or mark to see if u can get a better price, theyre good guys //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.