Best 10" Sub ???

murtnabila
10+ year member

Looking to put a pair of 10s in my escalade.

I've heard the 10w7s and they sound great, but I'd still like some more spl.

I know I might lose some sq, bit what would be a good 10" sub that'll get very loud and still be pretty clean (not necessarilly the cleanest).

Power is not much of an issue and neither is money. But I'd still like to get the best bang for my buck unless there's one that costs more, but the quality is worth it.

Looking to buy this weekend hopefully.

Thanks!

Looking to put a pair of 10s in my escalade. I've heard the 10w7s and they sound great, but I'd still like some more spl.

I know I might lose some sq, bit what would be a good 10" sub that'll get very loud and still be pretty clean (not necessarilly the cleanest).

Power is not much of an issue and neither is money. But I'd still like to get the best bang for my buck unless there's one that costs more, but the quality is worth it.

Looking to buy this weekend hopefully.

Thanks!

u r in sacramento....go to the competition...watch it and ask some people there what they recommend.

u r in sacramento....go to the competition...watch it and ask some people there what they recommend.
Personally, I wanted to buy a pair of lms ultra 18s, but I can't take out the back seat anymore so just going with 10s. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Competition?

Also looking to order by this weekend.

I know for spl base, a good set of 10s would be the orion hcca's. But again, many other variables need to be figured before a driver can be chosen, such as design goal, response goal, amplifier specifications for impedance matching, etc. I just mentioned those because they are the first to come to mind. Might be worth looking at for spl related response.

Not looking for pure spl. It MUST sound clean. I like the response of the 10w7, but need more bass.

Haven't purchased anything yet, though I got a pair of bpx2500.1 in the shed. So could pull em out if theyre suited, otherwise I'm buying new amps.

Looking to tune to 32-33Hz.

I don't think one big 15" would fit??? I gotta keep all my seats.

For MUDs/highs. I might go rainbow or boston.

50/50 on putting miss n highs in kicks and an 8" midbass woofer in doors.

You should be able to get a 15 in, they need around 3.5-4 cubes, my box is going to be 36x10x20.5 for a 15, it comes out to about 3.5 cubes, and being 10" on one side, it could fit almost anywhere.

I dont think youll be happy with 10s why not a pair of 12s. I had a couple diifferent brands of 10s in my truck sounded good but I was not happy with there performance.

I dont think youll be happy with 10s why not a pair of 12s. I had a couple diifferent brands of 10s in my truck sounded good but I was not happy with there performance.
Says the guy running L7's //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif lol... OP Look into some Skar VVX 10's for tuning that low...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.