Best 10KW Amp out there?

As far as I know most amps are going to either go into protect of fry @ 10 volts. (or before) I'd suggest getting a strong electrical before getting a 10k watt amp and hoping it doesnt fry from low voltage. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

As far as I know most amps are going to either go into protect of fry @ 10 volts. (or before) I'd suggest getting a strong electrical before getting a 10k watt amp and hoping it doesnt fry from low voltage. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
sounds like a dbdragger, being from Ohio and asking for an amp that will work for burps....... no help on what big amps will do that though, but I've put my old xxx soundstream amps into the 10's before and they lived - @ .5 ohm even... get the 15k //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

sounds like a dbdragger, being from Ohio and asking for an amp that will work for burps....... no help on what big amps will do that though, but I've put my old xxx soundstream amps into the 10's before and they lived - @ .5 ohm even... get the 15k
Correct you are... im a rookie but trying to do my best... but my electrical is limited to what i have in my sig but i will add about 12 runs of 0 to whatever amp/amps I decide on.... how would american bass amps hold up to the job? its a big ohio brand after all

vfl's are fun to play with - havent had alot of time with them. Bob is a great guy, and his equipment is stout. I assume you plan on having the biggest of the batteries you can fit under the rules of your class? Street C perhaps?

vfl's are fun to play with - havent had alot of time with them. Bob is a great guy, and his equipment is stout. I assume you plan on having the biggest of the batteries you can fit under the rules of your class? Street C perhaps?
ya those xs powers are 760 in^3.... my limit is 800 in^3 so thats about the biggest i can get... and yes bob is a very nice guy and cares about competition which is awesome...im assuming u also compete in db drag?

I used to compete alot more than I have time for now - but yes. If you have the means, I'd buy locally and support the boys in Ohio.

I love every vfl amp I have had. I have a 200.1 on my single 15 at .5 and doing 50's so I would get a 1100.1
I used to compete alot more than I have time for now - but yes. If you have the means, I'd buy locally and support the boys in Ohio.
and there you have it... American bass ftw

The vfls are good amps, I've also seen a DD amp(don't remember which) that was rates at 11v. Sounddigital also comes to mind. For a street b car my team tested the sd16k, dc12.0k and ddm4a same ohm same electrical and charging before each burp, the sd16k cane out with the highest score and least voltage drop.

I have one thing to say to you sir. Change your sig haha. Ever time my woman sees that she complains a bit.

Not like you think she might though. She is normally asking why it is not a girl with bigger breasts haha.

sorry back on topic now..

AB amps are nice, but can be finicky at times(as can any amp). When you are letting voltage drop that low you are going to have issues at some point.

So many good options out there, since you are driving these amps very hard I'd be looking for who can support a repair effort the quickest and with least hassle. Accidents happen!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.