Best 12" subs for zx2500.1 ????

Can you be a little more specific on your goals? For example, loud daily driver, competition only, etc...

Its for LOUD daily use. I dont know what subs to hook up to the 2 ohm amp. Two 4 ohm dual or single voice coil subs??? Two- 2 ohm single voice coil subs?? I dont know the calculation for a 2 ohm amp.

Thankyou

btw that amp is 1 ohm stable //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Its one channel - 2ohm stable I thought? I could be wrong though

This is what the Specs say:

RMS Power Rating:

4 ohms: 1250 watts x 1 chan.

2 ohms: 2500 watts x 1 chan.

Its for sure a 2 ohm stable amp..U need dual 2 ohm woofers wired in series then paralled back at the amp if u use only 2.. I would preffer 4 L7 12's but if you wanna go with 2 for right at 400 i would prefer x 12's..

Two dual 2 ohm subs is what you need. For $800 you have a LOT of options.
So pretty much I'm looking for Two dual ohm subs that can handle about 1000rms per sub right??

Is it bad to have two subs that can handle 1600rms each and have them be underpowered??

Check these out:

DD 3512

DC level 4

Fi Q or BL

Incriminator Audio Death Row

That should be a decent starting point.

So would it be bad to have sub that are underpowered? Example- 2 subs that can handle 1600 watts rms but only have 1200 rms goin to 'em?

Thanks again for all the help.

Not at all. You can't blow a sub by underpowering it. But if you keep cranking the gains up on your amp to try and create more power you run the risk of sending a clipped signal to your sub---which can damage them.

hey man check out audioque hdc3 subs. i really like my 12 and i have to say it gets pretty darn loud. i have a trunk car and even with the back seat up (everything stock) it will flex the windsheild some...so two of them would be pretty nice LOL and they are only like 540 for a pair

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.