best 6.5 component speakers for rap music?

is there a morel component set for under 200?

i am actually in the same situation of choosing a comp set. i listen to mostly rap with some R&B and Trance here and there. granted from what i understand the type of music doesn't matter, the better made speaker will stay in proper shape. after that its your own taste, i would go to a store (like car toys or tweeters) that has a few speakers to sample and see what you think. i lean towards boston and focal for good budeget level component sets. i feel like morel and rainbow are i bit higher priced and won't have anything and if they do it would be there lowest line speaker and might dissappoint. althogh for under 200 a audio store owner/friend of mine is recommending morels full range speakers to full the back stage. if that helps any.

Music and budget are very important when choosing speakers however installation and dampening your car with material to hold back vibrations, unwanted road noise and other freq killers are high important when choosing your set. I urge you to consister investing in qaulity dampening material like Second Skin Audio or Dynamat to ensure your speakers and other car audio products enhanced. After all you want to enjoy you music, dont you?

im wondering the same thing. are hertz HSK 165 a good candidate for mostly rap music?
kind of. granted, the HSK are out of his price range. The Hertz ESK-165 are in the $200 range. But side-by-side, I think the HAT Imagine are better than the Hertz ESK-165. (i know i've been saying that a lot lately, i'm not pushing HAT product, I just think that they are a better product).

The type of music shouldn't influence the type of speaker, but the listening habits do. People assume if you listen to rap music, you don't want SQ, and you listen to distorted music from too much volume and too much bass. Which isn't fair. Rap music on an SQ system can be quite enjoyable - when you hear all of the detailed background riffs and samples the artists and producer put in there. The key, I think, is to run a sub when you mostly listen to rap - so you take the strain off your speakers. Same with electronic music, and anything else with synthesized bass lines and tones.

I don't like the tweeters on the ESK and HSK. I think they are way to bright and harsh, even when driven cleanly from an Audison LRx amp. If you like bright tweeters, you may really like the ESK.

kind of. granted, the HSK are out of his price range. The Hertz ESK-165 are in the $200 range. But side-by-side, I think the HAT Imagine are better than the Hertz ESK-165. (i know i've been saying that a lot lately, i'm not pushing HAT product, I just think that they are a better product).
The type of music shouldn't influence the type of speaker, but the listening habits do. People assume if you listen to rap music, you don't want SQ, and you listen to distorted music from too much volume and too much bass. Which isn't fair. Rap music on an SQ system can be quite enjoyable - when you hear all of the detailed background riffs and samples the artists and producer put in there. The key, I think, is to run a sub when you mostly listen to rap - so you take the strain off your speakers. Same with electronic music, and anything else with synthesized bass lines and tones.

I don't like the tweeters on the ESK and HSK. I think they are way to bright and harsh, even when driven cleanly from an Audison LRx amp. If you like bright tweeters, you may really like the ESK.
Listen to this guy, he know exactly what he was talking about.

The HAT Imagine and the Hertz HSK is almost the same but the price is way different.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.