Best anp for kappas

Dgriffith29

Hey fellas need some help picking an amp out that will best be matched for my speakers. At the moment they are running off the factory stuff I have a Pioneer head unit i used to replace the factory radio. And I pulled the Bose speakers out of,my doors and I installed the infinity kappa components in their place but now I was to be able to use the crossovers and make the system actually sound good can anyone help me find the right amp? This is the 2 speaker sets I have in my truck

This is what I bought Infinity Kappa 60.11CS 6-3/4" component speaker system https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B41LZ1M/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_a36eyb4WZ0RR6 and Infinity Kappa 62.11I 150W 6.5-Inch 2-Way Kappa Series Coaxial Speakers https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009GHQX5O/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_136eybPCCXF56

Well honestly I havnt really set one I'm not,looking for anything super high end or anything but also not looking for anything Wal-Mart if ya know what I mean lol I originally was looking at 5 channel amps so I could run my sub as well but think I just wana power the door speakers for now I think between all speakers isles like a 330w rms not sure. Do you know if I'd lose my on star when I bypass Bose amp?

How much is A amp like that? Also does anyone know if I have to do anything special for my setup since I have Bose and on star? Or can I just run rca from head unit and new wires to speakers and crossovers from amp and still keep on star

You won't need any thing for your bose set up to continue working as it is now.

Your Pioneer should have Front, rear, and sub outputs on the back of the radio.

Tap into those.

You will need to run wire from the amp to the speakers.

Power is something you want to pay attention to, but it's far from an exact science. IMO, anything in the 75-125w (rms) per channel at 2 ohm range would be a good fit.

Besides that, just make sure it's not some pos flea market brand.

Here are a few worth looking into...

MB Quart ZA1-320.4 320W 4-Channel Z-Line Series Class SQ A/B Amplifier

Pioneer GM-A6604 4-Channel A Series Bridgeable Class AB Car Amplifier

Shop JVC KS-AX5104 4-Channel 1000W DRVN Series Car Amplifier

A little high on power (just cut the gain a bit), but a nice amp, not very expensive, small foot print and class D efficiency: Pioneer GM-D8604 4-Channel 600W GM Digital Series Car Amplifier

Orion ZO2000.4 2000W Peak (1000W RMS) 4-Channel Amplifier

A lot like the pio above, not as much power: Rockford Fosgate R400-4D 400W 4-Chan Class D Prime Amplifier

Infinity REF-704A 1000 W Peak (400W RMS) Reference Series 4-Channel Amplifier

This is a "make offer" sale. I'm sure you could get it for JBL CLUB-704 1000W Peak (400W RMS) Club Series 4-Channel Amplifier

I have a rockford fosgate p450.4 that puts out around 110watts x4 at 2 ohms, it's in really good condition if you'd be interested let me know.

Ppi ion 520.4 is hard to beat at the price. Its around 110$ and does 100x4 @4.... ill also suggest the fsd 85.4 for a korean option. It is around 200

Some good info here I was just always told never go to get rms than speakers are rated for because I would blow them. And my rear kappa coaxial speakers are 75w a piece @2 Ω and my front kappa components are 90w a piece @ 2 Ω so again like I had told y'all I have always been told don't exceed rms of speaker that's why I've had a difficult time selecting an amp, but seems you folks can school me on this and have provided some great options, and yes I know my radio has the RCA outputs for the amps but I was unsure of I had to retain anything on the bose side to keep my on star functional. Again thanks for the help I'm going to look into all of these amps recommended

Some good info here I was just always told never go to get rms than speakers are rated for because I would blow them. And my rear kappa coaxial speakers are 75w a piece @2 Ω and my front kappa components are 90w a piece @ 2 Ω so again like I had told y'all I have always been told don't exceed rms of speaker that's why I've had a difficult time selecting an amp, but seems you folks can school me on this and have provided some great options, and yes I know my radio has the RCA outputs for the amps but I was unsure of I had to retain anything on the bose side to keep my on star functional. Again thanks for the help I'm going to look into all of these amps recommended
Just because you have 145 watts doesnt mean you have to use all of it. Gain and head unit settings controls how much power the speakers sees.

An amp barely lifting a finger will keep cooler, last longer and provide cleaner power to your speakers which yields much sound quality. Overhead with common sense is always the goal for best longevity and performance.

Vs a weak amp working 120% of the times stressing out heating up and providing dirty power with high distortion from Being overdriven.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.