Best bang for the buck

Participant count
  • Participant list

blackink
10+ year member

Cali
Hey guys I just got a new 2010 Nissan Xterra and am going to change out all the stero equipment. I'm looking for advice on what to put in so here is what I'm planning to put in so far.

HU: Alpine 9887

Components: I have no idea since there are so many. My stock speakers are listed as two 2' tweeters in the front with 2' depth

2 6x9 components up front with depth of 3'

2 6.5 components on the rear doors with depth of 3'

Component Amp: Up in the air

Subwoofer- 2' 15 receiving 2000 watts rms total

Batteries: 2 Deka 9a31's

Sound deadening: where would I place this and how much would I need?

Am I missing anything else essential? What components would you guys recommend for under 350 total for the set? I mainly listen to rap and heavy metal.

Thanks

Hey guys I just got a new 2010 Nissan Xterra and am going to change out all the stero equipment. I'm looking for advice on what to put in so here is what I'm planning to put in so far.
HU: Alpine 9887

Components: I have no idea since there are so many. My stock speakers are listed as two 2' tweeters in the front with 2' depth

2 6x9 components up front with depth of 3'

2 6.5 components on the rear doors with depth of 3'

Component Amp: Up in the air

Subwoofer- 2' 15 receiving 2000 watts rms total

Batteries: 2 Deka 9a31's

Sound deadening: where would I place this and how much would I need?

Am I missing anything else essential? What components would you guys recommend for under 350 total for the set? I mainly listen to rap and heavy metal.

Thanks
YOu say you have 3" depth... Mounting? How much front clearence do you have? I must say, I really have enjoyed my Sounstream products. SST6.9 are excellent for the $. I had sst4.6 Those were good too. They make sst6.5 as well. Those are all like coaxials but they have seperate inputs and come with an external crossover. Can be used actively... or you can get the RF-60c two way comps. I have. they are excellent speakers... I love them.. Look up my build log. I listen to rap and metal. LOUDLY. no problems at all. HArd core **** mane.

Check the distance from mounting surface to the panel. I am sure you have at least 3 inches. Go with Soundstream stuff. I likey... They turantula line has spidey grills that are 1 inche from mounting surface. I have had no problems. You can make a 3/4 inch baffle to give you more mounting clearance also, depending on the front clearence with panels. I think you will love them

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.