best bang for the buck?

2010 honda insight. Lol hybrid
Thats a tough one.. Im pretty sure they don't have alternators but a 12volt "converter".

Might need to talk to some hybrid owners before doing anything. I really don't know much about your cars electrical system and if it can support an aftermarket stereo system.

You don't need 2500 rms... The first pair I ran I put an audiopipe apsm2000 on it wich will put out about 1600-1700 rms and it hit pretty damm hard. They perform well on about 700-800 rms each.

What amp are u gonna run?? Or what's your budget for an amp??

Also what kind of vehicle is it all goin in so I can get an idea of what kind of electrical we are dealing with.

Ahh just seen its a hybrid.. I'm pretty sure you have an alt on it cuz how would it charge the starting batt?? I might be wrong but I don't think so..

Either way you are gonna be limited on electrical so your not gonna be able to run much more than 1500-1800 watts.

So what would I need to upgrade? I cant find anything on it. And what would u say is a safe amount of watts before I would have to start upgrading
That level of power in a hybrid is going to do some serious damage. I'd start smaller and if you find the need to upgrade later down the line, work on some electrical upgrades then move forward with a new sub/amp setup.

If you feel like taking that honest advise, shoot me a PM. I'm parting with my whole setup, a 12" Soundsplinter RL-p (in an enclosure built to spec) & 1k Hertz Amp. Downsized on vehicles and this wont fit.

for a hybrid car - im going to have to recomend to you to re think this whole thing out.

you can get loud stereo on low power if you plan your build correct. low power is about 6 to 800 watts for sub. you will need a subwoofer thats eficent and has built with a "looser" suspension than most are to be fed with a moderate amount of power ( no over powering nessary to use the sub to its full potential )

i did this with my suburban - i ended up purchacing subwoofer with a large cone (18") - and small box requirment (3.5 to 4 cubic ft sealed ) - and only 600 watts of power needed to move the sub to its maximum ability. = Stereo Integrity | HT Subwoofers

you would probably be pretty good with a single 15 of this nature - in a small sealed type box it would have good sound quality - and not require any upgrades to your car.

you can run a high level converter from your rear speakers to make an rca output for your sub amp if you have no rca output on the rear of your headunit.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.