Best Enclosure For a 96 Chevy Silverado ext cab? (pair of alpine type r dv2

Participant count
  • Participant list

UncleScooby

CarAudio.com Newbie
hello everybody i have a 96 silverado ext cab no back seat so i have roughly 34t x 24d x 50w in space to work with im using two alpine type r dv2`s with a hiphonics brutus 3000.1d which gives them the 750 rms each at 2ohm just not sure on box design like which way do i want subs facing where do i want port facing doi want slot or tube????????

I would put those in 3.5-4 cubes tuned to 32-36 HZ with an aeroport firing to the passenger side. Single 6 inch round or dual 4 inchers depending on how it all works out during designing. You could also do a forward firing slot port in the center of the box with the subs on either side. You could side fire a slot port, or downfire the subs and port. The world is your oyster after you figure out air space and port tuning.

which way do i want subs facing where do i want port facing doi want slot or tube????????
On a sealed sub box if I faced the subs up, I lost quite a bit of bass. Faced them forward, they worked great.
On a ported box with subs and port on the face, up or forward did not make a difference. Only reason I face them forward is to prevent something from falling in the port.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...