Best hatchback for sound quality?

I had a friend in high school with a 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse and that thing was nasty with 2 12's in it. Unfortunately he didn't sound deaden anything and the rattle was atrocious.

I am gonna go with the older focus hatchbacks as that's what I got. Only down fall if you put anything in the kick panel, the fuel cutoff pin is located there and it become hard to reset.

I have a 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse w/ a 15' Treo Sub in it, and it slams. If the sub/box is good enough, you can face it frontwards and will get a super clear bass response. My front speakers are 6 1/2s and my rear speakers are 6x9s. There is also plenty of room to run wires down the drivers side. The stock alt is 90 amps. You can mount the amplifier on the back of the rear seat like I have. You can flip it up and still have all 4 seats, or you can lay it down, see your amps, and have a truely beautiful setup. Good Luck!!!

So much fail in this thread. He said the best hatchback for sound quality and everyone in here is posting about how loud or how hard there **** slammed. My advice is to drive a couple and see which one has the least amount of road noise

So much fail in this thread. He said the best hatchback for sound quality and everyone in here is posting about how loud or how hard there **** slammed. My advice is to drive a couple and see which one has the least amount of road noise
That's where my head was at, too. Curious which direction OP is actually going with this. 

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

old crx is what i would search for.
Heard these were great for SPL.

That's where my head was at, too. Curious which direction OP is actually going with this.
Me to if its a serious sq install and he is actually buying another car just to do a sound quality install I dont think he would be too concerned about the size of the stock speaker locations

[quote

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

[/color]Heard these were great for SPL.

they can go either way.

I had a 92,and a 93 Acura Integra, and 2 heavy tens sounded very nice in there ported,with 6.5 components up front, and some 4in coax in rear.

How bout a 95 Civic hatch 6.5's in the front and rear. Also remembered a guy who worked at Stereo Limited a local stereo shop close to me told me once that when it comes to SPL theirs the Eclipse guys and the Civic hatch guys. He said those were the 2 best cars for SPL and he had an Eclipse and had won alot of competitions I guess.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.