Best rca that won't break the bank

I'm making my own with this cable. Got it in the other day, stuff is very high quality for the price. I just need to find some ends. The price is right too, iirc I got mine for $1.13 a meter and shipping from germany was $11ish.

Cable

Ends

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm making my own with this cable. Got it in the other day, stuff is very high quality for the price. I just need to find some ends. The price is right too, iirc I got mine for $1.13 a meter and shipping from germany was $11ish.
Cable

Ends
12$ total for do it yourself compared to 12$+2-5$ shipping for premade rcas....

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

Wow, I've never heard of Kimber Kable. Did a google search of them and found them on Amazon. Looks like a very nice set of cables. Unfortunately, I am not at that point where I can afford those bad boys. Maybe one day. They just look like quality all the way around. If you hear a big difference from the Knu Krystals, I'd like to know. I don't mind paying for overkill as long as the value is there. I, currently, have Knu Karma SS 12 Gauge Bi-Wire Speaker Wire running throughout my car and I know I won't have any issues from my sound system due to poor quality cabling. I once had a nice sound system installed in my car a few decades ago, but had this constant buzzing sound that could not be resolved. The installer, who just opened a car stereo store, could never figure out how to get rid of the buzz. I don't know if cabling was the issue, or ground, or what, but since then I make sure I get the best cabling for my peace of mind. Well, maybe not the best. I really like what I saw in those Kimbers.
Are you running a Pioneer Head Unit??///Constant Buzzing Issue?

Are you running a Pioneer Head Unit??///Constant Buzzing Issue?
No, but that was back in the 80's. It was an Alpine dead head unit (don't remember the model #) paired up with a pretty nice little amplifier (again, don't remember the make or model). It had a tremendous sound, except for the constant buzz (pitch would go up and down depending on the acceleration of the car). The guy just could not determine the cause of the buzz and, thus, could never fix the problem. Lived with it until the car got totaled in an accident.

No, but that was back in the 80's. It was an Alpine dead head unit (don't remember the model #) paired up with a pretty nice little amplifier (again, don't remember the make or model). It had a tremendous sound, except for the constant buzz (pitch would go up and down depending on the acceleration of the car). The guy just could not determine the cause of the buzz and, thus, could never fix the problem. Lived with it until the car got totaled in an accident.
I was running a Concord HU back in that time then went on to Blaupunkts Montreal, and couple others Sony,Sansui,ect. Ill bet you had some bad RCAs or bad ground.I had to run a ground wire on ea speaker in a Dodge Daytona Turbo(87) with that issue

I was running a Concord HU back in that time then went on to Blaupunkts Montreal, and couple others Sony,Sansui,ect. Ill bet you had some bad RCAs or bad ground.I had to run a ground wire on ea speaker in a Dodge Daytona Turbo(87) with that issue
You are probably right. The guy working on the problem was a friend of a friend. He just opened his new car audio shop a few months before I purchased from him. I don't think he was overqualified. He was located about 40 miles away from me and I went to his place so many times to get it fixed I couldn't count. I am not sure he knew what he was doing. It was a major pain in the butt!!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.