Best speakers for decent price

Participant count
  • Participant list

Mokkema
10+ year member

Chicago
Hey, I've got a 1995 Toyota Camry LE...well I put in my new Pioneer DEH-8400MP headunit a while ago, and my sound isn't bad at all with lack of subs that is...but even with just stock speakers they sound 'ok'. Well I have two questions...

First off, if ANYONE knows, what are the sizes of the 4 speakers in my car? And secondly, and most importantly, I'm looking into getting new speakers for the car. Ones that will go nicely with the good headunit I've purchased. I'm not a bass FREAK (like some people, and it is nice but I dont mind as much). I just want some good speakers, that put out good bass just from the speaker, and sound great so i can crank my headunit up.

So what should I get? I'm lookin for like max $300...is that possible? LoL it better be...keep in mind im not a sound FREAK and id rather not get an amp if i dont have to (yet). Thanks ! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Go on crutchfield, they can tell you what size speakers you have in your car.

As for the speakers, I really like Infinity, even their lowest line (Reference series) sound very nice for the price. If I were you, I'd pick up a set of Kappa comps, a US Acoustics 2 channel amp, and a cheap set of coaxes for the rear, you can probably get it all for around $300...

Check out

http://www.thezeb.com for US Acoustics

and http://www.ikesound.com for Infinity

my personal opinion goes against the Kappa Comps.

I would save for some better components and use a little better amp.

CDT HD's come to mind as well as focal polykevlar's and Adire Kodas.

I would also look into Focal polyglass components.

As for coax speakers the Refrence series work great.

And I absolutally need an amp? To power just the four speakers...(trust me im not a car audio genius)...my head unit wont power them alone? 50x4...i dunno lol

Originally posted by Mokkema And I absolutally need an amp? To power just the four speakers...(trust me im not a car audio genius)...my head unit wont power them alone? 50x4...i dunno lol
no, i would recommend an amp for them also! they will sound worlds better than without an amp. PLUS, your HU won't put out 50x4....23x4 of dirty power at the most. peace

NG

Ok then I will get an amp...that will power all 4 of my speakers correct? (lemme know which amp to get...)

And how are the new Alpine speakers? I've always heard good things bout alpine...so would I be making a mistake in getting their speakers? (The Alpine Type-R)...or are there better ones for cheaper...and i should definatly get all four speakers from the same company right?

God i feel dumb lol, i just dont wanna waste money and find out i could have gotten better ****

Ok heres what im thinking about...

Front speakers: http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-invAp0uGAY2/ProdView.asp?s=0&c=10&g=52000&I=130TSG1647&o=m&a=1&cc=01&avf=Y

Rear Speakers: Its a choice between these two but i think alpine/pioneer would be a good choice to go with...concidering they are both the same company.

http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-invAp0uGAY2/ProdView.asp?s=0&c=10&g=52300&I=500SPR694A&o=m&a=1&cc=01&avf=Y

or...possibly...

http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-invAp0uGAY2/ProdView.asp?s=0&c=10&g=52300&I=1086925I&o=m&a=1&cc=01&avf=Y

Then i need ideas on the amp...and the cheapest place to get this stuff from would be great too //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif thanks guys (and maybe girls?) haha

You can IM me on the SN Mokkema if you have anything to tell me...thanks again.

first of all, for the front i would suggest the CDT audio classic components listed earlier in this thread! ur looking for good SQ, and for the price i've been told they can't be beat. I'm actually buying some myself. For the rear...maybe a set of co-axial speakers. I wouldn't put 6x9's back there...oval speakers (especially 6x9) don't perform well and don't sound as good as round. For the rear, get an adapter or just see if u can drop some 5.25" or 6.5" coaxial speakers in there. I'd recommend a USX 2080 amplifier for the front...and possibly run the rear speakers off the HU...this way you don't overpower your rears and pull your sound too the rear of the car too much. (it's also cheaper than buying a 4 channel amp) BUT, components are definetly the way to go, and at that price the CDTs are a steal. peace

NG

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.