Best sq box for a 15in Kicker CVX with Kicker ZX1000.1

Kicker sub s can get loud, the thing is people dont set them up right. Most people running Kicker go to besy buy and get what the retard floor guy tells them to. They do look and feel cheap. Minus the X.
The lower lines do look cheap. Not near as bad as those years they did that chrome crap, at least.

Sealed kickers do not get loud at all lol. I had two cvr 15s sealed and my skar 10s ported completely murder them, its not even a comparison. Quit making up bs claims, kickers shine in ported boxes, not sealed.
Making up BS claims? I'm pretty sure I made nothing up lol I was talking about L5's and L7's not CVR's or CVX's... I said they come close to as loud in comparison but ported is obviously going to move more air. I've heard the suspension and size requirements allow them to move more controllable in a sealed box, like I said I don't run Kickers and it's just what I hear from a guy that runs 4 15's sealed in a wall in his SUV and it gets **** loud.

But I'm not saying I'm right I could be wrong lol.

Making up BS claims? I'm pretty sure I made nothing up lol I was talking about L5's and L7's not CVR's or CVX's... I said they come close to as loud in comparison but ported is obviously going to move more air. I've heard the suspension and size requirements allow them to move more controllable in a sealed box, like I said I don't run Kickers and it's just what I hear from a guy that runs 4 15's sealed in a wall in his SUV and it gets **** loud.
But I'm not saying I'm right I could be wrong lol.
Oh in your previous post you said "sealed kickers" so i thought you were referring to all kickers in general.

There seems to be a lot of experience here about kicker drivers, but I would like to help clarify a few things for you. Any subwoofer will gain higher efficiency in a larger enclosure if the enclosure is properly designed and constructed AND as long as it gives the right response curve. The thing about kicker subs are that they went through some changes back around 5 years ago. This caused their specifications to become somewhat incorrect as far as what they, kicker company, recommends.

For this reason, it can be tough for any of us to make a recommendation on what will work best for as much SQ you can gain with most of their newer model drivers without accurate specifications to go by. I have to call kicker everytime I get a design request for any of their subs due to the interesting results they give me in calculation.

This leads me to believe they do not stay on top of their products very well, especially when I can call twice and receive two different results for the same driver.

That being said, like the others, I would strongly recommend going with a more reputable company with specifications and recommendations on volume requirements. This doesn't mean that those who have the subs working well cannot recommend a good volume or idea of what may work well, but it has been my professional experience that no two situations will give identical results.

So, saying 4 cubes sealed will work best may not be applicable to your request. And going through the process of designing and building one on your own costs can be frustrating when the results have a possibility to become subpar from what you had imagined.

So, though some great information about their products have been made, I would say, and agree like others, to find a more usable driver for your setup and get a proper design made so you will have a better chance of getting great results.

I agree with the recommendation of skar audio subs for authority as well as range of response as I have designed for many of them before with exceptional results.

Just my thoughts.

Oh in your previous post you said "sealed kickers" so i thought you were referring to all kickers in general.
No I didn't...

It's said that the L5 and L7's actually do work best in sealed boxes but not a fan of those anyways and their SQ *****. I'd just go ported 3-4ft^3 my friend has 2 CVX 12's running off 2500w daily in a 4.25^ft3 hitting 146's @ 32hz if that gives you any ideas.
That was my first response... my second one states Kicker subs as a whole but then I reiterate and say "square subs" I mean instead of trying to pick fights with me about my "bs claims." you should read a little better, and I'm pretty sure what I said about L5's and L7's is true, regardless if you want to believe it or not.

my comps are doing pretty good at the moment. two tens in a down fire box with 1.13 cubes a piece throw in around 6-700w and i can honestly say my truck peaks at 32hz windows up and 28hz windows down. the song "i put on" will actually shake my dash pretty good. most people dont expect 2 10s flexing my roof

He would know much more about being loud with Kickers than I would.
Just because you run the best subwoofer kicker has to offer doesn't mean you can talk **** like they own everything, anything less than a Solo-X is almost laughable for the price... Square subs are joke and are structurally not sound, they tear at the corners almost always before thermal limits, I just don't like them because they have become a cheap overpriced mainstream brand that people buy for the name.

I'm sorry but I'll put my DC Level 3's against any Kicker below a SOLO-X and I bet money I'll win, and these are DC's lowest line of subwoofers and I'm no pro. I built the same box for my 15's for 2 CVX's basically ran off 2500w and I beat them off 800w, so take it how you want man... I'd take DC over Kicker any day anytime even IF they cost more.

If i made a box for the Type R's how should i do it. I'd rather just built a box for them if i can make it right.
Be cool like me, 9.8cft @roughly 1400watts //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Don't know how it would work with the type R, design was my Mobile, so far my ghetto rigged not 100% sealed Type R 12" running off of a REALLY powerhungry Rockford Fosgate 300watt amp, can hit the lows pretty **** well but it rattles since its not sealed all the way because I'm waiting on my 15 to come in so LOOOWWs don't sound as good.

i dunno man i've heard it from some credible people lately and I dont care much for kicker so its just that I really don't care... I've heard sealed kickers get loud and sound clean which is good considering it's a Kicker... and a Square sub. Also if you know so much why are you recommending boxes nearly twice as big as spec to a lot of people? I mean 8ft^3+ for a 15" SKAR on 1500wrms...
Not trying to pick a fight here but I would like an explanation as to why the sealed kicker is not as loud as a sealed ported other than 'It's ported of course it's louder.' that's not ALWAYS the case.

The design of the subwoofer and the enclosure requirements half the time warrant a sealed box, you see a ton of people running them sealed and still moving a ton of air. Kicker even STATES that they work really well in sealed enclosures... I'm just saying I need to be proved wrong before you can say "your an idiot move on." :p
Plus the CVX and CVR are just round versions of the square subs anyway, with a little more cone area. Kicker will get loud in ported, sealed is meh.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.