Best SQ Sub?

Have you heard a 5200 or are you going based off what you have read or what someone told you? It's not an SPL sub and I can tell you the SQ on it is VERY good. I ran it in 5 cubes sealed with 3,000w and it sounded damn good. I had a DD 9515 and it can't come close to sounding as good. It's a VERY good sounding driver that has the ability to get loud.

I've also heard the Revo and know what that sounds like. You can get a used 5200 for about 500 or so and trust me, you can't compare the two subs. and the 5200 gets amazingly low, sounds amazingly clean and gets loud as ****. Revo gets quite low as well, but not near that of the 5200, loudness won't compare, though it gets fairly loud, and the revo does sound good as well. I'd rather spend the extra 100 or 200 and get the 5200, because it is MUCH more satisfying and it can't be compared.

Have you heard a 5200 or are you going based off what you have read or what someone told you? It's not an SPL sub and I can tell you the SQ on it is VERY good. I ran it in 5 cubes sealed with 3,000w and it sounded damn good. I had a DD 9515 and it can't come close to sounding as good. It's a VERY good sounding driver that has the ability to get loud.
I've also heard the Revo and know what that sounds like. You can get a used 5200 for about 500 or so and trust me, you can't compare the two subs. and the 5200 gets amazingly low, sounds amazingly clean and gets loud as ****. Revo gets quite low as well, but not near that of the 5200, loudness won't compare, though it gets fairly loud, and the revo does sound good as well. I'd rather spend the extra 100 or 200 and get the 5200, because it is MUCH more satisfying and it can't be compared.
I was just telling Profundus-sanus that I was wanting to buy 2 18" 5200's but when I had the money no one wanted to sell theres. So I was stuck buying the Revos.

Define "SQ sub"
It has an S and Q: D

Honestly, what you say makes sense...is there an "SQ" sub per say or more SQ oriented? Something that is efficient and blends. Plus, seems like some people get confused between SQ and sounding good. Big difference.

I was just telling Profundus-sanus that I was wanting to buy 2 18" 5200's but when I had the money no one wanted to sell theres. So I was stuck buying the Revos.
Don't get me wrong, Revos do sound nice, but if you have the coin for the 5200, I'd recommend it. I thought a saw some for sale a few days ago on this forum.

Don't get me wrong, Revos do sound nice, but if you have the coin for the 5200, I'd recommend it. I thought a saw some for sale a few days ago on this forum.
You did Profundus-sanus is selling 2 15's.

I've seen a lot of people that are looking for SQ subs that don't have 2500 wrms to power the massive 5200's. Thats why I said Revo. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif:D

You did Profundus-sanus is selling 2 15's.
I've seen a lot of people that are looking for SQ subs that don't have 2500 wrms to power the massive 5200's. Thats why I said Revo. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif:D
Yeah. I won't like the 5200 in 2.4 cubes sealed and 1,000w was not enough...A little punchy, sounded pretty good still but of course, I lost a lot of lowend. Plus it weighs a heavy bunch more than the Revo. I would love to have put the 5200 on a Zapco 4kw. Would have been interesting.

If the "Best SQ Sub" is put in a 45hz fart box...
is it still an SQ sub?
The sub doesn't change what it is, but the setup does. Will it sound like an "SQ" setup? Definitely not. IMO, you can get a variety of different subs that have not been mentioned and use it in an SQ setup. It doesn't have to be from a company that focuses on SQ, but if the install is done properly, then you will have an SQ setup.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.