Best sub for 1000rms @ 2ohms

1-12-t1
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Alright so i got a mtx 1501 thunder its the 2004 model.

and its 1000rms at 2 ohms so lookin for a dvc at 4ohms.

its not stable a 1ohm

and i am looking for a used sub goin for around 200-250.

just lookin at what would perform the best. both spl and sq.

not lookin at whats for sale just getting a feel for good sq and spl subs around 400

that amp should do 1500 watts @2 ohm...fyi..//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
yea i kno but i dont wanna put it up too much. its an old amp gotta baby that sh!t

haha so any other options? and there is a treo 18'' for sale around me in a huge box.

now my whole system has cost me 350. so..... is 18'' treo a good deal for 220? w/ box?

i would check out that sub and im sure 200 will get it with the box. i would look in to see if this person is a member of this site or if he has any build pics of the box. i would not buy the sub with out checking the coils to make sure they read right. and well you have the sub out you can see how the box is . you wana find out what the box is tune to. to bhonest 200.00 is a good deal for the sub and box but you need to bring some one with you.

so rockford and mtx are the namebrand expensive subs?and where would the dc subs go? ive been hearing a lot about them
This forum is sort of anti-namebrand because they're so common and people talk outlandish claims about their equipment. DC, Fi, TC Sounds, Sundownz and all the others are what we recommend because they do seem to perform better and gives individuality to your sound system.

i would check out that sub and im sure 200 will get it with the box. i would look in to see if this person is a member of this site or if he has any build pics of the box. i would not buy the sub with out checking the coils to make sure they read right. and well you have the sub out you can see how the box is . you wana find out what the box is tune to. to bhonest 200.00 is a good deal for the sub and box but you need to bring some one with you.
check the coils? how u do that? and heres the add. now im just buyin the sub so discredit the amp and cap. u tell me what u think

heres the add http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/ele/1838603505.html

and so i got a l5 15 kicker right now. and i hate it. it got no sq but for spl it hits hard.

how u think this treo will do compared to it?

you use a dmm you set it to the upside down u with the weird line lol. then it put the postive from your meter in the subs

+ and you do the same for the - from the meter to the sub. if the sub is lets say dual 2 ohm . each coil should read AROUND 2 OHMS. dont worry it its like 1.6 or so. you should give it a smell if it smells burnt then he beat on it.

"if it smells burnt than he beat on it"

You can argue that some subs "smell burnt" and generally it wont be burnt even if it is part blown cause the "burnt" smell does go away after a while..

That TREO sub is at least an SSi or higher line. For $200, that's a steal, esp if it's the SSX in which case you're stupidly retarded if you pass up. Judging by the power he has for it and the description of 2500 watts, it's an SSX. Buy it then sell it to me, ****...Just get it.

"if it smells burnt then he beat on it"
You can argue that some subs "smell burnt" and generally it wont be burnt even if it is part blown cause the "burnt" smell does go away after a while..
I taught you a little something.

No need to thank me.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.