best sub for a 500 / 1

zeros
10+ year member

md
hi i have a 500 /1 amp and i am trying to find a sub to go with it . i was thinking of a 12 inch but i was wondering what everyone recomended. it will be in a 4 door jeep wrangler , so it would be nice to find something that didnt require to much air space. i would like to get whatever is going to sound the best. and work nice with the amp or mayb even 2 10 inch subs. let me know what you think.. thanks for the help.

YOu want SQ subs right?

smaller box with 500 rms going to it.

IDmax is a good option

OZ matrix can take 500 rms I beleive.

SI magnum, we need a budget from you this one is like $499

Ed O series

JL w7 8" or 10"

1. How much space in inches are you willing to give up? H x W x L"

2. Budget

3. you want SQ, are you going to shows? does it have to get loud?

thanks for the help. i would like it to be loud but qood quality loud, not broken up. i had a 12' jl w6 and i liked that . so i thought about getting anthor one. i would like to spend 300 or under for the sub. i wont be going to shows just for myself. as far as space. i have a pretty good amount of room im going to build the box to fit the sub so whatever sounds the best. is their something better than the jl w6 for the money ? thanks alote

There is usually a IDmax for sale in the classifieds for less then 300, there is one now, this sub is on par with a w7 as far as output and SQ. Keep your eyes peeled and if not the ported w6 shoudl fit the bill nicely.

other things I havnt mentioned are mach 5 15" or 18" MAW wouldl work really well on that power and get plenty loud while sounding good. It takes a lil larger ported box but you get rewarded with plenty more output with the larger cone sizes.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/word.gif.64b12e39f936af3b4fff38a1c0bd0244.gif

12W6V2 ported ftw! You have more then enough space in a wrangler to do that. I had that in the back of my accord and it slammed.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/word.gif.64b12e39f936af3b4fff38a1c0bd0244.gif

Stereo Integrity BM

SoundSplinter RL-i 8 (would be nice for space and they are very nice subs)

JL W6v2

PG Rsd (probably the cheapest solution, but still a very nice sub)

DIYMA 12 (another cheap sub that doesn't require much space. Not terribly loud, but great sq)

TC1000 if there are any in the classifieds (new retail prices are a bit insane)

Tons more, but I don't feel like wracking my brain too hard right now

thanks for the help. i would like it to be loud but qood quality loud, not broken up. i had a 12' jl w6 and i liked that . so i thought about getting anthor one. i would like to spend 300 or under for the sub. i wont be going to shows just for myself. as far as space. i have a pretty good amount of room im going to build the box to fit the sub so whatever sounds the best. is their something better than the jl w6 for the money ? thanks alote
If you can afford it, why not just go with another W6? You said you liked it. There are other subs out there that are close to, or even on par with the W6, but why move away from perfection?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.