Best tweeters on 18RMS

Participant count
  • Participant list

Da64u
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Since I'm using a pioneer head unit and amping my mids the head unit still puts out 18 rms x4 at 4 ohms I was thinking about putting 2 tweeters up front.

The Alpine Type-R coaxials I'm using are decent but I'd like just a bit louder highs.

Anyone have experience with a cheap pair or tweeters that might do well off of the head units internal amp?

What's your budget?...plus if they come with an inline crossover, you can run your fronts at 2 ohm.

Or rear and use your fader at a volume control.

What's your budget?...plus if they come with an inline crossover, you can run your fronts at 2 ohm.Or rear and use your fader at a volume control.
Well, I'd like to keep my budget under $60-80 considering I just want ones to run really low power. I don't mind paying for quality but I'm not at the stage in my build to get monsterous tweeters and amp them.

The ones I usually get are the ones with the little capacitor that you connect inline with the power wire.

How would I be able to run them 2 ohm? I was thinking the internal head unit amp was 4 ohm stable.

Thx dude

What's your budget?...plus if they come with an inline crossover, you can run your fronts at 2 ohm.Or rear and use your fader at a volume control.
How would I use my fader as a volume control if I'm already running front and rear speakers?

Way better than the PPI's. Either those or the LPG 25NFA tweeters at the same place.
Do you know if they come with a filter or what a lot of people call a bassblocker?

I've never heard of these companies before, are they generic?

Also can't seem to find the LPG 25NFA on parts-express..

Thanks for the suggestion

Do you know if they come with a filter or what a lot of people call a bassblocker?
I've never heard of these companies before, are they generic?

Also can't seem to find the LPG 25NFA on parts-express..

Thanks for the suggestion
They are not generic. LPG and Vifa OEM for alot of high end companies. Looks like the 25NFA's they dont sell any more. Madisound has the 26NA's or the Seas Prestige

They are not generic. LPG and Vifa OEM for alot of high end companies. Looks like the 25NFA's they dont sell any more. Madisound has the 26NA's or the Seas Prestige
Oh okay, I understand. So, do you know if the Vifa XT25SC90-04's the he recommended come with something to filter out the lower frequencies? Right now the HPF is set to 50Hz obviously that isn't going to work..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.