Best type of USB/ Thumb drive to record CD's..

I don't think there's a great brand, although I seem to like sandisk. (They are usually pretty cheap for 16 or 32, and prime day/walmart, etc.. pre-black friday starts in a few hours, some already have).

If there was one thing I would look out for, it's not what's the best, but what's the best FOR YOU. The speed is not really a big deal, but the file format is. If you plan on using this on a head unit, you need to know what compression your head unit can read. 16gb is fat16, 32gb is fat32, 64gb is fat64 if it uses FAT system. Each time it doubles, it's compressing the data farther, and head units can only read so much. Usually they are 16 or 32. If you have a non-computer where you plan on using it, (phones, head units, gps, etc...) find what that size is, and get that size so it's the biggest one you can use.

If its just for backup, then you can find the big sizes decently cheap now.

I don't think there's a great brand, although I seem to like sandisk. (They are usually pretty cheap for 16 or 32, and prime day/walmart, etc.. pre-black friday starts in a few hours, some already have).

If there was one thing I would look out for, it's not what's the best, but what's the best FOR YOU. The speed is not really a big deal, but the file format is. If you plan on using this on a head unit, you need to know what compression your head unit can read. 16gb is fat16, 32gb is fat32, 64gb is fat64 if it uses FAT system. Each time it doubles, it's compressing the data farther, and head units can only read so much. Usually they are 16 or 32. If you have a non-computer where you plan on using it, (phones, head units, gps, etc...) find what that size is, and get that size so it's the biggest one you can use.

If its just for backup, then you can find the big sizes decently cheap now.
That's not how the FAT system works

OK dude. I may have said it wrong. I don't bother reading 20 pages so you can prove me wrong. If I'm wrong, and you want to help, then sum it up. If you're just being a dick about it, this is how it goes. I'm not reading all of that right now. Good for you. Hopefully OP gets the point.
I'm being a dick? I literally just linked a fairly easy to digest explanation of fat...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...