Best way for me to achieve mass music storage

Participant count
  • Participant list

hondarider
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I want to have some sort of storage for all my songs to be played in my car and am looking for the best route to go.

1. Buy USB adapter for my current hu and a compatible hard drive or large flash drive.

2. Try to sell my hu and upgrade to something with built in USB(most likely a double din).

3. Join the rest of the population and buy a ipod and an adapter for current hu.

They all seem to have their ups and downs. Wondering what you would do.

Interesting suggestion since i have thought about that and enjoy building computers.

A couple things that kept me from starting the project was the wait after the key is turned and possible the price. Any idea what a decent carputer would cost me?

Interesting suggestion since i have thought about that and enjoy building computers.
A couple things that kept me from starting the project was the wait after the key is turned and possible the price. Any idea what a decent carputer would cost me?
a grand or more what wait are you speaking of and yes carputer would be kick ass but ipod will work fine

mp3car.com read up about carputers

with the IPod you should be able to use apple lossless. So if you are interested in keeping the original CD quality at about half the size, that, besides a carputer, is probably the best. USB is probably the worst route. You can't use playlists and your limited to probably 320Kbps codecs.

all my music is currently burned to CDs at 192 kbps and that sounds good to me. My only organization on my CDs is folders for each album of each artist so playlists arn't a big thing for me

On my system I can tell a huge difference between 192kbps and CD quality. I haven't tried 320kbps yet, though. There's a lot more noise in the recording and the vocals have more 'ssss' in it from 'S', 'P', 'F', 'T', etc, at the lower quality.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.