Best way to face subs?

Participant count
  • Participant list
what do you drive? if you drive a car with a trunk, it would be best to just have them pointed towards the back and port towards the back as well. if you have an suv or a hatch it would be best to have them facing up and have the port facing the back

I'm not sure if they will fit without being one in front of the other. Meaning one will be inbetween the trunk and the other. Does that matter?

my trunk isn't wide enough to put them side by side facing the trunk, in order to do what you're saying I have to A. put them side by side (way too big) or B. Stack them on top of one another (not sure if I have room for that either). I do however know the depth of my trunk will allow me to put one in front of the other but one will be inbetween my back seats and my trunk. Let me see if I can draw a diagram

Post pics of your set up. I think your main problem is that you have them is seprated enclosures. You ought to build one big one. Then make it rear firing, subs and port. Measure your trunk opening and make sure your can get the new box to fit . It should for two 8's. There are some nice threads here with pics of 8's in trunks. nice boxes.

Getting a new box in the future is an option but for now it isn't I already had 1 8 and wound up buying a 2nd with the same ported box as the 1st. Excuse my art as I am the worlds worst.

Amp too powerful //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.