Best way to make my mids and highs the best they can be

Participant count
  • Participant list

southport2014
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Alright everyone im on the verge of getting a new vehicle , so I am wanting to go head and get everything for my mids and highs system.

I want to make my mids and highs the loudest and cleanest I can.

As of now I have a kenwood x996 headunit

and a kicker zx650.4 amp

What speakers would be best for what I am wanting to do.

I don't know the door speaker size I will need because I don't have a new vehicle yet. But other then size whats the best options

My budget is about 150 a pair

looking for around 120 rms per speaker .

Thanks

Comp sets get plenty loud, but pa gets louder. Between the two will determine how loud, but also how clean they will sound.

The 90% of the rest of the quality will depend on install and tuning....

PA mids and supertweeters will be loud and clean if set up properly.

AQ/SQ supertweeters and either AQ/SQ pa mids or PE PA 6.5 pa mids. Either set up will fit your budget. The supertweeters come with a cap for HPF. The mids will need a bandpass, so HPF off HU or amp and LPF via FMOD's is how I usually do it.

My son is in Indy and runs the AQ supertweeters and Eminence mids. Green Honda CRv that is usually at the local shows if you go to them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.