Best way to wire a Rockford Fosgate 800.2

Participant count
  • Participant list

Ynot
10+ year member

I am considering purchasing a Rockford Fosgate Punch 800.2 amp and was wondering what the best and easist way to wire it is ? I seen on some web site about needing distribution blocks ? May somebody can clear this up for me . Thanks in advance .

ynot- you can purchase a amp kit

the amp kit has all the parts needed

to hook up the amp. try to get a 8ga amp kit

kit should include

8ga power wire

8ga ground wire

rca

speaker wire

remote wire

battery fuse holder

crimps etc

(lighting audio makes good amp kits)

If your gonna use just the one amp you don't really need a distribution block.

As for wiring the amp. You can do as previously mentioned and buy a wiring kit. You can find them real cheap on ebay. I would go with at least 8 gauge. But if you plan on adding anything later. I would go ahead and get at least 4gauge.

1.Plan your wiring layout. Plan where you are going to mount the amp.

2. Run your main power wire from the battery to where ever you have the amp mounted. I would suggest running the wire under the carpet. You don't want the ghetto install

3. you need to fuse the main power wire no more than 12" from the battery. This will protect against bad things like fires and such if you were to have an accident.

4. I would also suggest a smaller fuse on the power wire about 8"-12" before the amplifier. This will protect against power surges or short in the main wire. The smaller fuse will blow and protect your amplifier.

5. Then you need to ground the amplifier. The ground wire should be the same gauge as the power. Find a clean spot on something metal that is connected to the chassis of the car. Scrape away any paint. you can either use a screw and drill a hole. If you do this be aware of anything behind where you are drilling that you might drill into I.E. gas tank. Or you can use a pre existing bolt like a seatbelt bolt, or a seat bolt.

6. Then you need to run your signal wires from the headunit to the amp. Some people say it's voodoo to run them on the opposite side of the car. But I still do it anyway. While you are running the signal cables you can run the turn on lead with them. The head unit should have a remote turn on lead. Connect the wire to this lead. The turn on lead doesn't have to be very big 16-18gauge will suffice. This connect to the turn on lead terminal on the amp. You will need a female spade conncector to connect the turn on lead to the 800.2.

7. Connect your speaker wires from your sub. And sit back and enjoy

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.