big 3 question

Participant count
  • Participant list

Innosentz

I have a 2007 dodge charger, I currently have upgraded the battery ground and engine block ground to zero awg. However since the battery is in the trunk i haven't gotten around to upgrading the alternator wire to zero awg. there is stock 1 awg ran through the car to the rear battery. If i upgrade to a 270 amp alt will the 1 awg be enough? I assume not, but i was told since the battery is in the back I will need 2 runs of zero awg to the battery. Will one run of 1/0 awg plus the stock 1 awg wire be enough? or should I do two runs of 1/0?

I'd play it safe with two runs, that way you can just get every torn apart and put in at once, without having to worry about doing it later.

ALT to BAT is not needed with factory ALTS...

275A ALTS are usually not all they are advertised but if you do indeed get a real one id run

00 welding cable.......screw car audio flashy cables with the over size coverings,welding cable will

send more juice where u need it at half the price

ALT to BAT is not needed with factory ALTS...275A ALTS are usually not all they are advertised but if you do indeed get a real one id run

00 welding cable.......screw car audio flashy cables with the over size coverings,welding cable will

send more juice where u need it at half the price
yup

I have a 2007 dodge charger, I currently have upgraded the battery ground and engine block ground to zero awg. However since the battery is in the trunk i haven't gotten around to upgrading the alternator wire to zero awg. there is stock 1 awg ran through the car to the rear battery. If i upgrade to a 270 amp alt will the 1 awg be enough? I assume not, but i was told since the battery is in the back I will need 2 runs of zero awg to the battery. Will one run of 1/0 awg plus the stock 1 awg wire be enough? or should I do two runs of 1/0?
A simple additional run of 1/0 to the back will be more than sufficient. OFC wire is rated for 300a, and you'll be just fine with that and the 1 gauge already there.

A simple additional run of 1/0 to the back will be more than sufficient. OFC wire is rated for 300a, and you'll be just fine with that and the 1 gauge already there.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.