Big three fuse

Participant count
  • Participant list
if that wire ever grounds out from a crash.... u better pray that a fire doesnt occur if you do not fuse.

If a fuse should be inline with the cable, then why don't the automakers fuse the cable that they install? It's not as if you'll be pushing any more current than the alternator can put out through the small cable that they built the car with.

If you had an accident, and the fused cable protected itself, the OEM cable could still ground out, and fry something.

It doesn't really make any sense to me to spend the time and money on something that may, or may not be of any help.

But hey, it's only my opinion.

Mike

fuse according to the amps the alt puts out, or it'll fry. if the fuse is too big, then the alt isn't protected at all by the fuse and might as well not have a fuse at all

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.