biggest and baddest 18" on the market right now

The new Shocker Apocalypse w/ the Neo mags that look like a twin of the DD Z, they might very well be part of a world champion/record breaking extreme car.

also a couple subs are on the way in the near future should be pretty insane -

DD Z v2(forget the actual name, but i heard an updated version of the Z is coming)

Crossfire XS-SPL(Supergauss(sp?) design that is built through Scott)

AA SMD

T3 TSNS The Machine (will prolli get released in the next fews years, even though they say it should be ready ASAP)

although the ddz motor is loud for burp they arent the best for music. I have 2 99Z15's in my car. I think that with the power you are going to use that the dd 9518 would suit your purpose. I ran them for a couple years before the z motors and they were really nice for music and I did over a 160 with a burp in my daily driver. A team mate of mine is running 4 of the wardens in a cavalier walled and dude that hits so hard i cant stay in the car. they are also taking the power of two Stetsom 14k2d's and playing music. Big choice deceiding what subs fit your system. Best of luck

steve

although the ddz motor is loud for burp they arent the best for music. I have 2 99Z15's in my car. I think that with the power you are going to use that the dd 9518 would suit your purpose. I ran them for a couple years before the z motors and they were really nice for music and I did over a 160 with a burp in my daily driver. A team mate of mine is running 4 of the wardens in a cavalier walled and dude that hits so hard i cant stay in the car. they are also taking the power of two Stetsom 14k2d's and playing music. Big choice deceiding what subs fit your system. Best of luck
steve
steve wat up homie..glad u can make it over here...yea that cavy is retard loud

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

going by power handling is obscure, has no standards and can be very misleading.
Eclipse Ti Pro / TC-5200 still remain #1 for motor force: ~500 N^2/Watt which is a finite measurement of the motor. but sadly they are no longer in production.

^^ Maybe this is why cupcake.

Rd superheavyweight 18s for obvious reasons,pics of the 4 superheavyweight 18s.
98HOEONSIXEZtahoerebuild9-5-09036.jpg

98HOEONSIXEZtahoerebuild9-5-09037.jpg

98HOEONSIXEZtahoerebuild9-5-09038.jpg

98HOEONSIXEZtahoerebuild9-5-09039.jpg

98HOEONSIXEZtahoerebuild9-5-09040.jpg

98HOEONSIXEZtahoerebuild9-5-09041.jpg

98HOEONSIXEZtahoerebuild9-5-09042.jpg

98HOEONSIXEZtahoerebuild9-5-09043.jpg

oh look.... ATOMIC APXX's //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif:laugh:

Ive wanted to mention... that now infamous video of yours always seems to be evidence of the cone being too thin, but it looks to me like its the glue joint breaking that really caused the failure. A loose voice coil smacking the back of a cone will almost certainly make the cone deform. Either way, it was a poor design/setup, Im just not confident the cone was solely the problem. What's your take on that?

Ive wanted to mention... that now infamous video of yours always seems to be evidence of the cone being too thin, but it looks to me like its the glue joint breaking that really caused the failure. A loose voice coil smacking the back of a cone will almost certainly make the cone deform. Either way, it was a poor design/setup, Im just not confident the cone was solely the problem. What's your take on that?
No, it wasn't the cone's fault that the glue detached. But even when I got in another 5200 with a titanium cone, I still got the dreaded backplate tattoo on it as well, just not as violently disfigured as the alumnium material became. Im pretty sure if it had at least 3 spiders on top and bottom and proper glue for the application, this would of been an epic driver.

No, it wasn't the cone's fault that the glue detached. But even when I got in another 5200 with a titanium cone, I still got the dreaded backplate tattoo on it as well, just not as violently disfigured as the alumnium material became. Im pretty sure if it had at least 3 spiders on top and bottom and proper glue for the application, this would of been an epic driver.
Yep so it was a poorly glued joint, not really the cone's fault.

The new Shocker Apocalypse w/ the Neo mags that look like a twin of the DD Z, they might very well be part of a world champion/record breaking extreme car.
also a couple subs are on the way in the near future should be pretty insane -

DD Z v2(forget the actual name, but i heard an updated version of the Z is coming)

Crossfire XS-SPL(Supergauss(sp?) design that is built through Scott)

AA SMD

T3 TSNS The Machine (will prolli get released in the next fews years, even though they say it should be ready ASAP)
Where did you get that information and when will each be out?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

masterofbump

10+ year member
masterofbump
dirty south
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from