Bigrick31's 00 CVPI build

Rick

Sorry to hear about the job man. You will rebound.

I hadn't been on this forum in a couple months and I come back to see this sick ass car. Thing looks awsome man. I love it.

Seth does some sick ass work.

Tell you what, get that job thing going again and ship the car on down to me and I will hook you up with a killer deal on some interior "upgrades"....lol

Guess what!?!?!? I got a started a job with a new contractor last weeks so hopefully Ill be able to have work continued on this project soon!!!! Im hoping it will be finished in march (the suspension at least)

So work is being done to the car right now. Seth hasnt provided me with any pictures yet but the suspension will be complete by the 27th of this month. Thats when ill be taking the car down to Visalia CA for a car show called Danger Zone.

I had a pretty sweet idea for a dash swap check it out

cf11_1.jpg

d308_1.jpg

the dash is from a 2008 Ford Mustang SHELBY GT 500

I bought just the shell no gauges or center console. Im going to swap that into my crown vic after i do some research on the electrical system of both cars and figure out how im going to make all the gauges and switches work on the new dash. Ill also upgrade some of the systems in my car such as auto headlights cruise control climate control ect.

Im an electrician with a little research i can make anything electrical work. As far as width more than likely the dash will have to be widened to fit to the car...actually the dash may even have to be totally re shaped thank god for fiberglass! ill know more when the dash arrives and i have the car back so i can take some measurements.

Thats not how low its going to be its held up on the exhaust in the picture. Were putting in a new 2.5 exhaust X pipe menderal bent tube. Im using the SLP loudmouth II mufflers and SLP high flow cats. After the exhaust is out of the way the oil pan will hit so were sectioning the oil pan.

Cool dash swap idea man! Glad to see you're still working on this. I just went down to Visalia last week to pick up my Sundown E8s. Did you ever decide what you were doing with the engine/drivetrain? Fixing up the 2V and keeping it automatic?

Cool dash swap idea man! Glad to see you're still working on this. I just went down to Visalia last week to pick up my Sundown E8s. Did you ever decide what you were doing with the engine/drivetrain? Fixing up the 2V and keeping it automatic?
There are just so many options its hard to decide. I want to keep the car automatic because i can see having to control air ride and shift causing some problems. I may attempt to put paddle shifters on the steering wheel like audi's have. As for the engine. Right now im thinking either a gt500 5.4l motor or i go with an LS corvette motor. The cobra mustang motor just seems to be way overpriced for what it puts out in terms of power. But who knows im sure ill change my mind another 50-100 times before i actually get a different motor in the car.

got the drive line built (from scratch, stock one is composite material no one will touch it), and started the exhaust. The floor dips down behind the front seats for passenger foot room, leaves about 3/4" of room between the floor and the ground. Luckily with the IRS the drive line won't move, so we decided to tuck the exhaust up in the drive line tunnel. The floor comes back up behind the rear sits, so we are going to kick the tube back out and put the mufflers under there.

p1010973.jpg

Just about done with the exhaust. There is one rubber isolator on the cross member, but I need to wait until I build the strut rods for the rear axle (waiting on parts still) before I make hangers for the tips. I want to turn them out towards the wheels as much as possible, but I need to get the strut rods built first.

12375129600.jpg

12375129621.jpg

12375129622.jpg

It's gonna be loud. Went from 1 3/4 tube with flat spots in it and massive mufflers, to 2.5" all the way out with what is basically a glass pack.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.