blew my 12w3v2 (videos)

Ryan1126

Banned
San Diego
I dont know if this is fixable or what even caused it. This thing has ran strong for me for 5 years and then just went today when i wasnt even thumpin. Every time i turn the power on to my HU the sub pops out and stays there, when i turn the HU off it goes back to place. whats the deal? I know its blown but i would like to know what caused it, maybe because its just old and tired? What does this problem usually mean?

the sub is very easy to push down, but im sure the amp got toasted with it i tried hooking my buddies 10 up to it and it didnt do anything, didnt bump nor did it do what my other sub was doing, so im sure the amp is toasted. i pulled the sub out and it doesnt look like there is anything wrong with it?

the amp is messed up, see how the sub pushed out when the signal turned on, thats the amp, and the bad amp probably ruined the sub, have you tried another sub on the amp?

sounds like dc on the channel, iv had the same problem with an orion amp. the amp(if it is dc output) can sometimes be fixed.

also test the ohms of the sub with a multi meter, take the sub out. look for damage.

try another speaker on the amp and if it does the same thing i can almost positively say its dc(direct current=1 way) also i might add dont put an expensive speaker because dc can sometimes blow subs

good luck!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.