Blown amp???

O.G. D-Wet
10+ year member

[]D [] []v[] []D
I'm sure this question's been asked a million times but everytime I search something, I get zero results on here :/... Ok anyways.......

I hooked up my old Kicker KX1200.1 to do some testing and I'm getting a repetitive "pop" through my sub... It goes like "1... 2... POP!... 1... 2... POP!... etc." It plays no music or anything. Sorry for asking this question as I'm sure its a stupid ammature mistake but I know you guys r quick and helpful so I thought I'd try it

If I remember right those amps have some goofy add-on input board with crossover, gain, etc on top of the amp. There is a possibility that is you take the cover off, and remove and reinstall that board (it has pins that go into sockets if I remember right, can be pulled out of the amp easily by hand, maybe remove a few retaining screws) it may start working fine again. If not either it's going into protect because the output drive or mosfets (output bridge, as makeshift audio put it) are bad and you are hearing it try to come on but then cutting back off when the protect circuit tells it not to come on, something is wrong, or the RCA jacks are broken loose from the input board. You could check those RCA jacks while you got the cover off and input board out of it.

If I remember right those amps have some goofy add-on input board with crossover, gain, etc on top of the amp. There is a possibility that is you take the cover off, and remove and reinstall that board (it has pins that go into sockets if I remember right, can be pulled out of the amp easily by hand, maybe remove a few retaining screws) it may start working fine again. If not either it's going into protect because the output drive or mosfets (output bridge, as makeshift audio put it) are bad and you are hearing it try to come on but then cutting back off when the protect circuit tells it not to come on, something is wrong, or the RCA jacks are broken loose from the input board. You could check those RCA jacks while you got the cover off and input board out of it.
Thanks! I'll go check it out right now!

how do I 'back' the board out???

Oldschool Amps :: Amps005-1.jpg picture by OG_D-Wet - Photobucket

How do i back it out w/o removing those green can lookin dudes thats right behind it?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.