Blvd Customs - Mercedes GLK 350

Pepsi870
10+ year member

Custom Car Builder
As one of the principal builders of this vehicle, I wanted to take some time and share it with as many as possible. What you are seeing is a concept vehicle based on the 2010 Mercedes-Benz GLK 350. Mercedes asked 4 of the world's top car builders to take their entry-level SUV and redesign it in one of 4 themes. The theme we were given is the "Urban Whip."

Over the 45 day build period we changed almost every surface on this vehicle. Most notably, we removed the roof, all of the side glass and cut down the original windshield by 5.5 inches. What may go unnoticed at first is that we also widened the truck by 3 inches, and created all of the exterior chrome pieces. The grille was doubled in size, and all the mesh was made for us by Strut.

Our theme is centered on the appearance side, so there are no performance modifications to the vehicle save for the 15" Brembo brake kit all around. The brakes are needed to stop the massive 26" Asanti wheels and Pirelli tires. On the inside we ditched the tan leather and woodgrain for AMG black and white leather and piano black accents. Also the reach bench seat was dumped and we made buckets and a rear console from scratch to give it a CLK feel in the back.

The tonneau cover you see is motorized to reveal the 8 JL Audio amplifiers and 2 flat JL Audio subwoofers that make up the majority of the system. With no windows in the side doors, we had the room to put a 13.5" subwoofer in each door along side the 6.5" component speakers. This brings the audio system from 400 watts on the OEM Harmon Kardon system to 5700 watts on our system.

The building of this truck has been an amazing experience for all of us, but its not just about the build, its also a contest. Mercedes-Benz has left it in the hands of the general public to choose which of the 4 concept vehicles is the best. If you like our design, you can vote for it by texting the phrase "GLK25" to 48457. There is no extra charge for voting, and you can only vote once from each phone. The other cars and some build videos are available at http://www.mbusa.com/glk

DSC_0406.jpg

glk.background49b.jpg

MB.GLK.SEMA.106a.jpg

BLVD%20GLK_Page_28.jpg

DSC08033.jpg

DSC08016.jpg

There are build pics and more finished pics available at http://www.blvdglk.com

I appreciate your feedback on this one.

I usually like mercedes, but that thing is absolutely horrid.
WTF is that POS?
For those of you who are not into the concept, can you be more specific? Is it the wheels? The interior? Or do you just not like SUVs? Admittedly this isn't the kind of vehicle I would own myself, I prefer sports cars, but look more at the level of craftsmanship we put into every element of the vehicle.

For those of you who are not into the concept, can you be more specific? Is it the wheels? The interior? Or do you just not like SUVs? Admittedly this isn't the kind of vehicle I would own myself, I prefer sports cars, but look more at the level of craftsmanship we put into every element of the vehicle.
im not laughing at the craftmans ship its that UGLY POS car truck suv thing. its hidious wheels are ok. interior is nice but it looks like something that a car dealership made into a high priced car to sell to someone special . No one now adays goes crazy , like carndy graphics with marblelizing airbrush window tins custom **** this car is clean but i dont like clean . i like custom doors things that take creativity . CUSTOM ****. but hey one mans trash is another mans treasure. nice quality but in the end i still have to call it the CARLOT SPECIAL.

im not laughing at the craftmans ship its that UGLY POS car truck suv thing. its hidious wheels are ok. interior is nice but it looks like something that a car dealership made into a high priced car to sell to someone special . No one now adays goes crazy , like carndy graphics with marblelizing airbrush window tins custom **** this car is clean but i dont like clean . i like custom doors things that take creativity . CUSTOM ****. but hey one mans trash is another mans treasure. nice quality but in the end i still have to call it the CARLOT SPECIAL..
how the hell can you say this didnt take creativity?

how the hell can you say this didnt take creativity?
I didi'nt say that if I did I didi'nt mean it like that . Its just to plain. Not enought to call it custom in my eyes this is custom . Custom to me means when you go off the top , if not its just attention to detail. bustom is rebuilsing doorpanels re working hindges, cutting up things that are supposed to be their and makeing it look seeamless. thats custom this could be dont by very little custom work into , looks like they got a stock Mercedes suv/convertible truck and put oversized rims did the interior and put a sysytem in it maybe a grill . not custom. to be custom in my eyes they would bagg it or hydro it. paint it something no ones had ever seen before. body mods shaving, but yeah its just my opinion

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.