BMW 318D 2007 Speaker Upgrade

Participant count
  • Participant list

3lement

BMW 318D 2007 E90. Hello! I get a bit lost when it comes to audio and cars. I'm pretty technical with everything else but wanted some advice. Just bought this car, it has 2 front door speakers 4" and 2 in the back shelf which look to be about 3" (no tweeters) but there is room under the grill to have bigger ones in there as they're terrible and feeble. One also doesn't work in the rear. Now I am not running an amp which I'm fine with and have just bought one of those android head units which specifies 4x 50w channels.

This is the headunit. Scroll down to EQ and you'll see the details. https://www.autopumpkin.co.uk/pumpkin-android-8-0-universal-car-stereo-radio-double-din-8-octa-core-7-inch-touchscreen-with-gps-navigation-bluetooth.html

My question is, should I put 4" speakers all round if I can get them in the back? What are your recommendations for a good 4" 50w rms speaker for the front and rear? Also 2 way or 3 way? I know lots of questions but I want to get it right. I would love to amplify but the head unit and wiring description said "non amplified". As a musician and avid listener I'm ok forgoing my subwoofer setup in my old car but I just want a decent sound with what I can get with those specs. So preferably 4x 4" speakers 50w rms each and I'm unsure whether 2 way or 3 way.

Might it be better to go lower RMS speakers on 4x 50w channels or maybe higher?

Hope that's not too confusing and thanks in advance for your advice. I am an electrician also but when it comes to speakers I need advice. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif thanks!

Edit: was looking at maybe getting these but they're 100w RMS and the headunit as I said says 4x50w. I understand thats peak power but I just want athe most decent sound I can get from this headunit without installing an amp. https://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/product_m-focal-isc100_p-32033.htm?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIm66igPTE2QIVyp3tCh3uqgwkEAQYBiABEgJNOfD_BwE

Last edited by a moderator:
BMW 318D 2007 E90. Hello! I get a bit lost when it comes to audio and cars. I'm pretty technical with everything else but wanted some advice. Just bought this car, it has 2 front door speakers 4" and 2 in the back shelf which look to be about 3" (no tweeters) but there is room under the grill to have bigger ones in there as they're terrible and feeble. One also doesn't work in the rear. Now I am not running an amp which I'm fine with and have just bought one of those android head units which specifies 4x 50w channels.
This is the headunit. Scroll down to EQ and you'll see the details. https://www.autopumpkin.co.uk/pumpkin-android-8-0-universal-car-stereo-radio-double-din-8-octa-core-7-inch-touchscreen-with-gps-navigation-bluetooth.html

My question is, should I put 4" speakers all round if I can get them in the back? What are your recommendations for a good 4" 50w rms speaker for the front and rear? Also 2 way or 3 way? I know lots of questions but I want to get it right. I would love to amplify but the head unit and wiring description said "non amplified". As a musician and avid listener I'm ok forgoing my subwoofer setup in my old car but I just want a decent sound with what I can get with those specs. So preferably 4x 4" speakers 50w rms each and I'm unsure whether 2 way or 3 way.

Might it be better to go lower RMS speakers on 4x 50w channels or maybe higher?

Hope that's not too confusing and thanks in advance for your advice. I am an electrician also but when it comes to speakers I need advice. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif thanks!

Edit: was looking at maybe getting these but they're 100w RMS and the headunit as I said says 4x50w. I understand thats peak power but I just want athe most decent sound I can get from this headunit without installing an amp. https://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/product_m-focal-isc100_p-32033.htm?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIm66igPTE2QIVyp3tCh3uqgwkEAQYBiABEgJNOfD_BwE
Check crutchfield.com and find what the recommend for your model, you may have to enter whatever the American equivalent for your vehicle. That is where I do most of my research, even if I don't purchase from there.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.