10+ year member

Arizona
1. Product:

15" AA Avalanche

2. Specs:

Avalanche 15"

● XBL2 TM enabled motor for ultra low distortion

● Single 1 inch thick magnet nearly 9 inches in diameter

● Machined top plate and black plate/pole piece (t-yoke)

● Cast 12-spoke aluminum frame with vents for voice coil

● Beefy 3 inch diameter, 4-layer copper voice coil

● Flat profile ultra rigid epoxy treated paper-pulp cone

● Custom-tooled inverted carbon fiber dust cap

● 27 mm of linear one-way xmax

● 8" diameter progressive spider

● Improved suspension design for high efficiency

● Designed and built in the U.S.A.

Fs 15.7 Hz

Qms 3.5

Qes .334

Qts .305

Vas 300.6 L

Re 3.2 ohms

Znom* 4 ohms (dual 2 ohm voice coils)

Xmax 27 mm

Sd 749 cm2

Mms 269 g

Vd 4.04 L

Pnom 800 watts

Le 2.4 mH

Cutout 14.125"

Diameter 15.5"

Depth 7.875"

Weight 37 pounds

Enclosure alignment Q .577 Q .707 Q .8

Enclosure size 4.0 ft3 2.2 ft3 1.5 ft3

Power handling 500 watts 800+ watts 800+ watts

3. Description/Condition:

If you haven't heard of the ava, they have often been compared to XXX and the Brahma sub lines. In fact, the motor design was licensed from Adire to build this sub. It is a top of the line SQ sub that loves the low end. Search your favorite sub forum, read up, and you won't have to take my word for it.

I bought this sub four or five years ago. It is BNIB, and has never seen power. :eek: There is adhesive visible at the edge of the dust cap as well as a fleck on the dust cap itself (~10 o'clock in the image). I received it directly from Chad at AA in this condition. It was purchased as new and I paid full price for it ($225 + shipping at the time). The fleck on the cap looks like it would come off easily, but I have not tried to remove it. See images below.

4. Price:

$225 + shipping. Free pickup in Phoenix! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

The ONLY trades I would consider would be for a CD7100 or CD7200mkii that is in like new condition.

Some of you may notice that the price has gone up and the quantity has gone down since I posted this sub about a month ago. Since then, I have decided to keep the other sub for myself, and I also moved half way across the country. My goal was to not have to move it and to get enough money to finance my new build. The move is behind me and I have already purchased my next system (graduation FTW). I am more than happy to sit on this puppy until it sells or I decide to build a HT sub with it.

This may be the last virgin avalanche you will ever see for sale!

ebay feedback:

eBay Feedback Profile for prisonernumbersix

Have sold here recently and also on CACO.com

5. Pictures:

sub1.jpg

sub2.jpg

sub3.jpg

dustcap.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So then does Chad work for Fi or did he sell the company and split?
Chad split, he has his own business in the home audio sector epik audio. Anyway, these are pretty nice drivers, I used to own one. Low end is great as he mentioned and sq is great, it keeps the same sound from low volume to high, instead of getting boomy like alot of drivers tend to do. I'd do about 4 cubes ported at 32hz in a trunk car that can fit it, if not 2.5 sealed sounds awesome too.

Forgot I was going to need to buy deadening and wiring :p

LOL, guess you could cash in if you had a four gage kit (similar to this: Car Audio Wire), 50 feet of 16ga wire, and ~50sq feet of RAAMat or damplifier (dynamat Xtreme would work too) plus a little cash.

Yeah, so considering trades for the above and price drop to $200 + shipping

Hell of a deal...wouldn't have sold it for less than $225 yesterday and now you can buy it for spare parts and a little cash //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

prisonernumber6

10+ year member
prisonernumber6
Arizona
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from