Boomin_tahoe's s10 build

What month is this? I got other priorities than buying amps. Yes I know I just bought the one above but for me to buy new amps will cost me 1k and I don't have that. Seems to bother you, buy me new amps then.
I offered you a great deal on a Real 3500. With 100$ you could get 4k at 15 volts

Gonna bump this up. I've been really busy working a lot and doing  multiple projects at my house including this new build I'm trying to finish in my s10...

Have bought a few goodies too....Made my own battery terminals and did the big 3 to my s10, all 1/0 Royal Excelene wiring. I'm not sure if I even posted pics of it earlier in the post but here it is. So, the cutout/recessed area with drilled holes is where a large rectangle plexi will go into and have a flush look to it. Bolted but making it removeable and have access to the amp if need be and to the X-over section for tuning.

005.jpg

002.jpg

010.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

023.jpg

024.jpg

025.jpg

027.jpg

028.jpg

Sears had a sale on those loooong time ago. 3 units for 300 bucks. Couldn't pass it up. Of course, when Sears was at their peak of awesomeness. Now they're slowly fizzing away.

I think that sub is going to get a nice work out with that amp sir..LOL It should do well on everything.Looks very nice in the stained enclosure.Did you have any room to place any washers to give a gap/air gap on bottom of the amp at all?Usually helps for heat. Sub up/port up should sound great in there.You may hear the rippling of the roof top/sheet metal.that would be the time to consider some deadening. Looks awesome though.Curious as to see how that amp does for you.Nice workonthe enclosure and false floor/amp rack.

I think that sub is going to get a nice work out with that amp sir..LOL It should do well on everything.Looks very nice in the stained enclosure.Did you have any room to place any washers to give a gap/air gap on bottom of the amp at all?Usually helps for heat. Sub up/port up should sound great in there.You may hear the rippling of the roof top/sheet metal.that would be the time to consider some deadening. Looks awesome though.Curious as to see how that amp does for you.Nice workonthe enclosure and false floor/amp rack.
Unfortunately, I can't measure yet. I made the inside 2.75" tall instead of 3" it was supposed to. And of course I cut twice and measured once. So at the time I was building this, I said scew it and went with it. But the tp board barely doesn't touch the amp so I guess this will work. I'll figure something out if it does get warm/hot later on. When you ran it on all channels, did it get hot on you or warm? It's very close to getting done. Just have to route the wiring, and I got a few "wood brackets" I came up with a nifty idea to keep the sub enclosure from moving around. I'll post pics of it later as I'm still constructing the small pieces.

Unfortunately, I can't measure yet. I made the inside 2.75" tall instead of 3" it was supposed to. And of course I cut twice and measured once. So at the time I was building this, I said scew it and went with it. But the tp board barely doesn't touch the amp so I guess this will work. I'll figure something out if it does get warm/hot later on. When you ran it on all channels, did it get hot on you or warm? It's very close to getting done. Just have to route the wiring, and I got a few "wood brackets" I came up with a nifty idea to keep the sub enclosure from moving around. I'll post pics of it later as I'm still constructing the small pieces.
She will get warmed up banging all day/4 hours hard and heavy.But does well. Since the enclosed amp structure is built and finished, to keep things cool, Id recommend a suction fan on one end of the amp enclosure and one exhaust fan on the other end for a good air flow if need be. wouldnt cost much to add the two fans, maybe 30 bucks?And a few screws,and cut a hole on each end.

https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_5282_PAC-PF-2.html two of these,may not need that many CFMs,maybe two of these which are actually made by Stinger that should be enough airflow

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-XSCORPION-FANS-3-CAR-AMPLIFIER-COOLING-SQUARE-FANS-12-VOLT-KEEP-AMP-COOL-NEW/130958515062?hash=item1e7dbc5b76:g:nn0AAOxyARlSaZNU

I always give approx 1/2"-3/4" under every amp i install so air gets underneath and around them.Sitting on a flat surface, they get heated up. Ive used aluminum pegs/ spacers when i bolt mine down, sometimes just 4-6 washers at min. I like the spacers better.Looks good and like a clean install with a small washer on top.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-1-4-in-x-3-8-in-Aluminum-Spacer-815178/204276562

Helps keep amps running cooler and doesnt cost much to raise them up.Heat kills!! LOL, but for the most part that amp runs well.Just let me know if you ever want to set it up for sale, Ill more than likely buy it back?Great amp

Yup, just finished installing it yesterday. Still 1/2ass done because I still need to cut the 3/8" plexi to size and drill/counterbore holes for small bolts but my mill machine is down until I order a new part. Prob finish installing the front ch speakers to it next yr as it's winter here now, rain, cold, and gets dark early. But a bit of an update for those watching this build. Going for black/white theme to match the color of my s10 and my sub which is black/white lettering. Gonna order some black/white speaker wire soon to match the rest.

013.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg

016.jpg

017.jpg

018.jpg

019.jpg

020.jpg

021.jpg

About time you did something ! Lol it looks really nice bud ! I should talk, I haven’t done anything yet lol ! I did order some stuff to get ready though , does that count ?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.