Boston Z6's

remhunter
10+ year member

Oregon
I have two sets of Z6 components coming and was wondering if my Rockford 700x 85wx4@4ohm (not sure what it is at 3) will do them justice, or if there is a much better amp out there to run them. I apologise for posting this in both two forums, but it has to do with both speaker experience as well as amp experience. Thanks!

i just went through this..i ended up getting 2 amps for my comp sets...i got a 400x2 amp for the z6's, because they need it...but i hear that they sound excellent around the 150-200 range as well, but i wanted to go with the 400, why not if u can, i heard 2 sets of them off a pg xenon 200.4 which is 200x4 and they were great, if that helps u

cant those things take 400 all day? you could put that much on em but i really doubt your gonna get what u want outta them, u should sell one pair to me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif and then have about 150-170 going to each

cant those things take 400 all day? you could put that much on em but i really doubt your gonna get what u want outta them, u should sell one pair to me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif and then have about 150-170 going to each
LOL, How about I just give them to you? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Seriously though, I want them to sound at their fullest in a 2004 Dodge quad cab. So do you think I should get another 700x for the other set, or is there a great amp out there I could buy and get some $ for the 700x that I've got?

Oh yeh, I will be running two Kicker S12L7's sealed with a Rockford T20001bd as well.

what am i invisible here? haha
Sorry, I actually was asking the question in the last post to you.

I"m not familiar with those amps, so I didn't know if they were comperable to the 700x as far as sound quality?

well phoenix gold xenon amps are nice, but i think they might have doscontiuned them...any of the higher end stuff will produce crisp power...i got a rockford t8004 for the rear and a rockford p850 for the z6's which puts 425 to each....got both amps for $750 bucks through my cousins friend...but im sure you can ebay it or just pay full price if u need the warranty

I also have z6's in an 04 Dakota Quad Cab. Though I only have one set in the front. I am not certain how well you can set the front sound stage with a set in the rear. I started with a 2x100 Boston Acoustic amp. Got a 2x300 old school US Amps for the 6.5 drivers and drive the tweets with the 2x100. I can say that 100 watts per side is not enough. The z6's came alive with the added power. I would say at least 250 watts per side.

I used the factory location for the z6's with the doors well deadened. The sound stage was okay with the tweets coaxial, but much improved when I moved the tweets up by the rear-view mirrors. Good luck. You won't regret going with the z6's if you give them enough power.

I'd like to see those speakers handle a signal where they actually see real world 50 watts RMS....if that before they blow chunks

I'm with Chad, some of you getting a little too carried away with the power recommendations.

The Z6 do not "need" anywhere near the power people seem to think they do. A good 100 x 2 at 4 ohms will drive those speakers very, very well. And, yes, I have owned a set.
they dont seem to produce midbass with authority with little power.

I have never understood this. Unless these speakers are rated at 60db/w/m they don't "need" 300 watts to get loud. Just hooking up a bigger amp to a speaker won't make an audible difference unless your physically using the extra power, which on low and mid levels you won't. I'd love to see how much power these people are ACTUALLY putting at their mids daily, especially on music.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.