Box Build For Me by Vitveet

not gonna lie viveet, ur boxs dont look the best but neither do mine because i build for performance as u said u do. so it can look "decent" and sound amazing and i would be happy rather than seamless screwless piece of crap that looks awesome!!!! lol good job v
vitas has always been good to me and answered any and all questions ive ever had audio or box related. the box he made for my 4 tens was very nice out of birch and sounded GREAT!

Ah, another happy customer!!! What can I say!!!?!?!?"Seams" as if there's ALWAYS someone to say something negative! Constructive criticism is great but some of you aren't giving that at all, lol! "Seams" as if a few peeps here are trying to get more business for themselves!! Anyhow, I won't entertain them any longer....I've got to get up in 5 hours to work on more enclosures....got 6 in line to complete in the next few days!

Also, lol at the guys who "try" to be all technical and won't go off of real world results (which DEF matter the most)! And, lol at the guys who've only built "a few" or "75" enclosures...I'm probably around 750 (and probably underestimating that honestly)! 99.5% satisfaction rate ain't bad either....!

Oh, maybe I should get a better camera so the "seams" won't be an eyesore on the internet (b/c they def aren't in person) and so my camera doesn't make it "seam" like the edges are rough/uneven/etc!!!

Thanks for all the positive comments (and neg. ones)! Thanks for previous customers chiming in also! You all always get "repeat customer discounts"!!!

Oh yeah, sorry I'm late to your thread Whitedragon551! Hope you're enjoying it!

And no, I'll never me "mad" at anyone talking over an internet forum! That's childish!!!

Thanks!

vitveet@hotmail.com

V.
Man, you're trying really hard, aren't you?

Moral of the story: if you don't want your work to be picked at, then don't give people things to pick at...and certainly don't seem surprised and come off butt-hurt when they do point out obvious things. Your response is very childish and insanely defensive.

Ah, another happy customer!!! What can I say!!!?!?!?"Seams" as if there's ALWAYS someone to say something negative! Constructive criticism is great but some of you aren't giving that at all, lol! "Seams" as if a few peeps here are trying to get more business for themselves!! Anyhow, I won't entertain them any longer....I've got to get up in 5 hours to work on more enclosures....got 6 in line to complete in the next few days!

Also, lol at the guys who "try" to be all technical and won't go off of real world results (which DEF matter the most)! And, lol at the guys who've only built "a few" or "75" enclosures...I'm probably around 750 (and probably underestimating that honestly)! 99.5% satisfaction rate ain't bad either....!

Oh, maybe I should get a better camera so the "seams" won't be an eyesore on the internet (b/c they def aren't in person) and so my camera doesn't make it "seam" like the edges are rough/uneven/etc!!!

Thanks for all the positive comments (and neg. ones)! Thanks for previous customers chiming in also! You all always get "repeat customer discounts"!!!

And no, I'll never me "mad" at anyone talking over an internet forum! That's childish!!!

Thanks!

vitveet@hotmail.com

V.
was just saying for me the craftmanship aspect is lower than my standard. MY standard is different then yours obviously. But none the less great price i guess.

Moral of the story: if you don't want your work to be picked at, then don't give people things to pick at...and certainly don't seem surprised and come off butt-hurt when they do point out obvious things. Your response is very childish and insanely defensive.
Trying really hard for what? You see a few pics and start assuming things I guess. I have atleast 5k pics if you want to see "better"; but I have nothing to prove to you and def. not "butt hurt" lol! Say what you want, think what you want, I'm fine my man! The moral is happy customers. You can pick out something negative on everyone's build if you're just that kind of person. But thanks for your reply also!

was just saying for me the craftmanship aspect is lower than my standard. MY standard is different then yours obviously. But none the less great price i guess.
No hard feelings bro. Thanks for your comments/concerns also. You have good craftmanship.

Function > Looks
I guess if you're happy getting half of the package, that is all that matters. However most customers expect performance and appearance so I can see where the criticism is coming from. Carpet should be used to enhance the appearance, not cover up defects.

Anywho, as already stated if you're happy then that is what counts.

Thanks!

vitveet@hotmail.com

V.
that's funny. I guess we're all just crazy and seeing things in those pics that aren't really there. oh well. I call it as I see it.

Defensive indeed. He's already pro. top-notch, no need for improvement.

Function > Looks
If i was the paying customer, i'd want both.

Like I told you all before Vitveet stepped in. Its just the pics. In person that stuff isnt there.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

Enjoy your box.

Its humorous how vitveet is boasting about how many builds he got going and how many he's done. Having built all of those boxes, you'd think he'd reinvest in more tools to improve the quality of his humble work.

It's humorous how James Bang is still stuck in the teen-ish mentality of spewing his opinion whether or not it's necessary. Having aged several years, you'd think he'd invest more of his time and energy into improving his seemingly arrogant communication skills. I'm just calling it as I see it, though I don't claim to always see it right, but surely James can appreciate such a position.

As long as we're giving critiques on pictures of V's work, I thought they could have benefitted from some more creative angles, perhaps more interesting backdrops, and DOF an BOCA could definitely have been improved. As far as the actual box quality, I still don't have a pair of the magic 3D internet glasses that make it seem as though you're seeing it in person, so I can't comment.

Glad you're enjoying your new setup Whitedragon!

Humorous indeed to see the spewing of opinions on an internet forum. I don't think you need 3D glasses to see the seams on the sides, uneven cuts, and that he didn't sand off the black paint from the top of the box. Seeing that he started the gluing process w/ the painted top piece in the background (pic below) is proof of the noobness people are paying hard earned money for. For the low cost he's charging, I guess they're getting what they pay for.

CIMG0289.jpg

I'm glad you enjoy my arrogant internet personality. I guess I can give criticisms more ... constructively, but oh well.

Picking apart work people pay for or just build logs in general seems to be a touchy subject. "good job", "looks good" does nothing for improvement. Many of the criticisms in this thread can be used for improvement, but if the builder is too good, ne plus ultra, then all you can do is sit back and laugh.

Ha ha.

^Like that.

It's my opinion that you're overanalyzing and underthinking and criticizing for the sake of critcism more than improvement.

I'm pretty sure that the small amount of paint didn't even come close to affecting the porosity of the MDF to the point where the glue couldn't more than adequately absorb and create a strong enough bond.

If the pictures do represent uneven cuts they're slight enough to not create a problem in this case. It would be more critical if it were a sealed enclosure or an uber high powered setup.

The "wrapping paper" seams are the faster and less expensive method of covering and wouldn't be seen in the installation unless I'm mistaken. They can also look accentuated in a picture taken in the sunlight.

It was a budget build, $100 shipped, Whitedragon has previously expressed his satisfaction with the cosmetics and performance. If one is of the opinion that the work is not up to par vs. the price charged even though the customer is satisfied, then one shouldn't comment as to it being a good job. But how many who've offered opinions in this thread would be willing to go all out for $100 shipped? I wouldn't have, would you have James? Thank goodness for Whitedragon somebody did.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.