Brakes Going Out?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Primo
10+ year member

ibtl
I started to notice my right-front brake is making a grinding noise today. It only does it if i dont have my foot on the brakes, if the brake is on it will go away. It will go away for a little bit if I have a slight pressure on the brake and ride it for a few seconds and then it seems like when I hit a bump, or a bump while cornering it will come back again. When i move the wheel back and forth it will kinda make a squeeking noise but I can't tell if it's from my brakes or the control arms. I about to go spray some wd-40 on all the joints to see if that works. But i'm still confused about the brakes. I figured the pads are worn but wouldn't it make the noise if I had the brakes on too?

Trust the Midas touch...
I wouldnt trust that big black mother fvcker if he was going to rape my father for $15.... But who would? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

Anyways.... When is the last time you replaced the brake pads, and did you replace them with those titanium "lifetime" pads? Could be a rotor problem.

i just went out there again and rocked the wheel back and forth and it stoped making the noise, so i guess it only does it when the brakes are hot. What could this mean? I asked my dad and he said I should go get a brake adjustment because maybe the pads are to close to the rotor.

My rotors and pads are about 8 months old.

My rotors and pads are about 8 months old.
So you replaced your rotors when you replaced the pads? Not really neccessary unless there is a problem with the rotors, just in case you do this every time you need new break pads...

But yeah it could be that the pads are too close to the rotor. Just take it somewhere, if you have to ask for help than I doubt you will be able to fix the problem on your own.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.