Breaking In New Subwoofers

just dont be a retard and turn the gain and bassboost all the way up and expect it to work right //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

of the 40+ subs ive had, I have never broke a sub in

hook it up and go for it

subs used

RF,Kicker, Maxxsonics, Mb quart, JL, Audiomobile, Elemental Designs, memphis,RE, blueprint,cerwin vega, infinity, JVC, bazooka, MTX, Polk, and many more

never broke in and only one blown, turns out infinity referance subs cant take 1200rms..whoops

Aight aight aight.... I'll play em normal. I was just making sure loud and frammin out the box was ok for a new sub.... ghatto all these capes goin buck on me :p

ceebes.. just beat them mugs i wouldnt play em till they are distorting and stuff but dont fkkin putt em ut lol like i told you before about the gain and all.. thaTS what these guys are sayin.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

just dont be a retard and turn the gain and bassboost all the way up and expect it to work right //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
exactly cal.. and a retard is what you are not! you'll be fine cuz..

Playing them at low volume is completely unnecessary. In fact, it will merely take longer to break them in. Playing them low for like an hour wont do anything of value other than give you some false sense of security.
Yes I know this now.

That was only my second "system" if thats what you would have called it. Didnt know squat and I still dont know ALOT. But I am more knowledgable now than I was when I had those. (well over a year ago)//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Yes I know this now.

That was only my second "system" if thats what you would have called it. Didnt know squat and I still dont know ALOT. But I am more knowledgable now than I was when I had those. (well over a year ago)//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
We all start somewhere, no shame in that. Learning is the key.
Cheers.

All the break-in period is is a period of time it takes the new suspension soft parts to work into their normal compliance. What this means is when the sub is new and not fully broken in, the suspension will be unusually stiff, and cone excursion will be lessened. As time goes on and the soft parts wear into their nominal compliance, cone excursion will increase. So no, no period of 'taking it easy' on your speaker(s) is necessary. The cooling effect lessened by loss of cone excursion will be minimal at best. Just play the subs normally. Once the sub(s) breaks in fully, you *may* want to readjust your gains, if you regularly play your sub to very near maximum excursion.
Subs needing to be babied until the break in is a myth.
This.

BTW Audioholic, you and maybe 5 or 6 other members on this forum are the only people I actually respect. Which is sad given the sheer amount of members we have.

Ever seen the spl lanes ? People recone subs with new soft parts all the time and then jump right on em at rediculous levels . Just my 2 cents.........

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.