Brief site outages

Participant count
  • Participant list
What still to this day blows my mind, is how other forums continue to grow in traffic, members, posts, etc, especially DIYMA. That in of itself says car audio is not dead, just no longer using this forum. What I ask, is, what can we do to make the site more attractive, enjoyable and useable, as to try to retain what few new visitors we do get. Most come in, ask a question and never come back. Some actually have said to remove their account, as their question was answered and they no longer have a reason to come here lol.

One thought I have is have a resource library for math and formulas and sound concepts, like where people working on their systems can reference information on this site, like maybe how to wire a 5 pin relay for an amp turn on or like have a source that isn't a thread describing sealed vs ported and some basics to help people choose and get them to basic understandings and concepts when it comes to having a full car audio system. Maybe having resources for people to refer to on this site as they build and plan their systems will keep people coming back for that info. Knowledge is power...

Even when I designed I wasn't sure which direction I wanted to go with certain situations and would wind up reading info from sites to gather myself and figure how I wanted to approach certain enclosures. Some of that info would be 1/4 wave theory info, like about t-lines and horns, getting into some real sound math. I'm able to do that because I know where the resources are to help me clairify my thoughts by combing through data, that's what I'm suggesting here possibly to keep people's eyes here and genuinely help. But it could be basic sound or electrical or even more advanced stuff. Not a thread, but maybe an official resource data center or page or whatever for the site. Me being a box designer I think you could have every single math box formula on a page, including cubic feet /1728 inches and like how to get Fsc and Qtc of sealed box and the exact formulas for determining port lengths, things like that, simple transmission line enclosure formulas, explanations of t/s parameters, etc.

Last edited:
For the record, a chart of organic search clicks from the past year. Notice the google update wipe out in September:

IMG_1468.jpeg

I mean it looks like somebody just pulled the plug or something.
Yep. Let's hope things turn around, because if this trend comtinues there might not be a site very much longer... Bills have to be paid and without visitors, that won't happen. It’s a real shame, but google is the boss.

Well, unfortunately, many people don't understand the threats of a technocracy, and we're all in for some extremely difficult times. We depend on too many systems to live our lives that are ran by predators. Idk, we get what we deserve as a human species, really, when it comes to technology and handing over control of our lives. We'll see how far it goes. This is why people get to arguing so much about politics and world events, because we're literally right here going through an entire world transformation based around internet and ai technologies completely running and hijacking our lives. Now this site seems victim 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...