Bronco Utopia Build - New DIYer

Participant count
  • Participant list

DeeEye Why

CarAudio.com Newbie
Looking to step up the audio on a new bronco. Have had some high end installs done in the past, but after seeing what some of these “professionals” do I’m leaning towards installing myself as my OCD and I can give it the time/attention it deserves to be a clean install with clean wiring and labels.

But - I’m very new to car audio DIY, so will likely need some assistance along the way. Feel free to tell me I’m being an idiot; I just ask that you also offer suggestions/explanations in addition to any hurled expletives.

Let’s start off with the gear I’m planning on using

Planned Gear -

SUBS - 2 Utopia 10WM - open to alternatives/suggestions; I’ve had these in the past and was happy with their performance

FRONT

• Replace the factory dash 4” with Utopia 3.5WMs
  • Either Focal 165W-XP component kit with the 6.5 in kick panels and tweets mounting TBD run active OR
  • Utopia 6WMs in kick panels and TBM tweets mounting TBD
  • Thinking about changing the center to a 3.5WM
AMPS

• Helix V8 DSP MKII
    • This should be able to drive all the front speakers - my only concern here is the 6WMs. The 4 ohm power per channel is rated at 75 watts per channel, but the 6WM is good to 100. I’ve also heard that this amp can send more power to channels from the underutilized channels? Just want to make sure this is enough juice for the fronts.
    • Also I’d like to either keep the stock rear speakers or replace them with something slightly better, but really just run them as rear fill - Assuming I wanted to power those from this amp could I use a single channel for the rear fill since I’d only have one channel left? If I can't do this I'll probably just start with the front stage for now.
  • Helix M ONE X
After this gets sorted I’ll move on to figuring out the necessary wiring for power/ground/speakers. Really appreciate any assistance.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...