Budget build for Jeep Wrangler....could use some suggestions...

Participant count
  • Participant list

Dr_Jim

Greetings,....wish my first post wasn't a cry for help,.....but unfortunately it is.

I have researching the hell out of what I can put in my Wrangler,....and am mostly confused,...especially after discovering that the low end offerings of 'high quality' brands often are sub par..etc..etc.....all the more infinite options and choices.

Have a Jeep Wrangler soft top. Great environment for audio aye?

Head unit is a newer Crutchfield bought JVC unit...all the typical outputs...etc..etc.

Bass is provided by an Infinity Basslink II (not installed yet....awaiting other components).

So whats left is I need 4 5.25" speakers and an amp to drive them.

I can spend about $350.00 for this....(trust me....I know it's not much).....but I want to make the best purchase I can at the least.

Being a Jeep....with the top off.....overall power is important. If I could get something above 50RMS that would be best.......

Any thoughts on brands? or "lines" within brands?....or anything?

I've ruled out all the usual low end suspects like Pyle, Boss, Coustic..etc..etc..etc. So I know that much.

Thanks very much!

put a set of componets up front...a set of dual cones or mids in the rear the factory speakers are fine if not blown.....run the rear off radio power...find a small 4ch amp about 50x4....use the front chs on the componets...bridge the rear chs to a small sub about a 10" behind the rear seat...and you should be set.....

Appreciate it LouisCRX - I do already have the 250W Basslink II for the rear.....so I dont need to bridge from a 4chan, nor get another sub.

I would like components in the front,....but again...I am dealing with a $350 budget for 2 pair of speakers and an amp......I "think" I know what I need (4 speakers and an 4chan amp)...but am totally clueless as to what brands or lines of equipment might be best in that budget.

do the orions thats a nice price on c2s the cheapest i haave seen jump on it and that amp is awsome cause it does rated and can hide it almost anywhere its soo small an stays cold at all times components all around ftw btw

Thanks man! This is exactly the type of advice I was hoping for!

I notice the speakers are 3ohm? And the amp does 50X4 at 4ohms OR 75X4 at 2ohms....

Can I drive these speakers with the 75X4 at 2ohm?? Or do I need to just go with the 50X4 at 4ohm? (sorry! All this ohm stuff confuses me....

just wire them up there 3 ohm for some stupid reason prolly but just keepp the bass down on the amp down cause bass destroys speakers like excessive bass ya know the ohm is left up to the amp and speakers itll work great seen it done before

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.