build help info leaning more towards sq

Participant count
  • Participant list

lunchboxlust
10+ year member

still looking for more of a quality sounding system then boom. I started a thread about 3 years ago and it is sense closed so opening a new one. Still have the 99 expedition still have the setup in my profile. Sense then I have picked up a 500.1 amp and I still have one or 2 hu kicking around. Not sure of the models ill find them later. I don't think any of it is anything I want in my rig.

To start I am looking for a head unit and front/ rear door speakers and sound deadening. Then a high-output alt. I need the alt already, when I run the system I have now and have all my aftermarket light on they dim at low rpms. Then the subs and amp and maybe mids. Someone recommended the idea of SSA gcons and I have sense heard a 15 and I still like that idea but am open to all ideas that could fit my needs and not break the bank. As far as combined sub wattage 1200-2000 i think would be fine.

For a head unit I don't need gps if it is going to break the bank. single, double dinn or flip out not dead set on either. I also read somewhere that if you got a hu whit high enough output that u wouldn't need an amp for the door speakers and that would offset the cost of the hu? Not sure the wattage that hu are running, dont think i ever had one above 65 watts.

for front doors I think i want to run active if i can afford a good enough hu. probably 6.5s. I think that the expedition has 5.7s but I can make mounting rings or even pods that fit in the doors. I never did find much info on anyone who has put boxes in the doors but it interests me.

For the rear doors I kno most people just eliminate them but I don't like that idea, I cart around people and a buddy of mine had an OK system with nothing for rear fill and when riding in the back I couldn't enjoy it like the front.

The sound deadening will have to wait till it is warmer. It has been in the negatives for like a month.

For the head unit and both sets of door speakers and if i could an amp to run them i would like to go no higher than $1000

Any and all recommendations are appreciated and will be researched. I have enough money for the whole job but don't want to drain my account so in steps it is.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.