Building an amp rack, need ideas

brafferty

CarAudio.com Elite
idaho
I want to keep my box where it is, and behind it is my jbl and in front of it is my b2. My idea is to build basically another box, but have it angled from the bottom of the back seat headrests to the box, and drill my amps to it. So that the amps are visible, secured, and itll hide all my wire (most). And my other idea is, is there a way to put a piece of metal in this so i can use it as its own ground? i found my sound, now i wanna make it look nice. Here pics so you can kind of see my idea

gghg - Album on Imgur

Im willing to hear any ideas you guys have done as well

Hmm...I have seen amps mounted to the back of the rear seats.

Another idea is on either side of the back sides panel and form a piece of mdf in the location and mount the amp to it.

Also seen amps mounted in the spare tire location. Not sure that's a good idea since that holds in heat....and amps don't like heat.

yeah i was figuring with my idea itll hide alot as well, but figured id have a few ideas tossed around first, my main goal is to hide my wires without cutting up the carpet

Hmm...I have seen amps mounted to the back of the rear seats.
Another idea is on either side of the back sides panel and form a piece of mdf in the location and mount the amp to it.

Also seen amps mounted in the spare tire location. Not sure that's a good idea since that holds in heat....and amps don't like heat.
Like this?

OiXD7sg2s_zMTLIY6MMIyq-roslpiUtwdMVEYuFKzKE

yeah, you need some fans. Don't need to over kill it with 7 like me, 2-4 could do the trick. Like this

ROxw2Db_sBfJZtHeh1q7fipFFQS7K8QHhoI1jCvVs9o

I really like using the spare tire location for "hiding" my amps. Kia has a good platform for it though.

i kinda wanna show my amps off though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif thats why i thought theyd look cool chillin on an angle right behind the subs, and all wires under it, maybe toss fans in, and find a way i can just ground to this and keep those wires from being seen as well

You can make it vertical too I have my box in the trunk and an MDF board with my Sub amp on the front side behind it behind the back seats and on the back side of that board is my fill amp, Ground and Power distros and all the wiring.
doesnt that get hot as fudge?

i kinda wanna show my amps off though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif thats why i thought theyd look cool chillin on an angle right behind the subs, and all wires under it, maybe toss fans in, and find a way i can just ground to this and keep those wires from being seen as well
did you click the link i posted?? there ws a pic of my old amp rack which was a wedge shape and everything was hidden behind it and the sub box was on the other side. it looked like it was one big piece.

you can kind of see it in this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSvCAevqNfY

did you click the link i posted?? there ws a pic of my old amp rack which was a wedge shape and everything was hidden behind it and the sub box was on the other side. it looked like it was one big piece.
you can kind of see it in this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSvCAevqNfY
they show up as broken pictures on my screen //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.